Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gear: MiniDigiScope













Paddled out through Owl Woods...and one Mallard was paddling above an underwater grass patch at Creek's End...had the minididgi set up....and did some clips...and was actually able to pan and follow the Mallard...helps that Mallard swims along smoothly!.....was going to post up that clip...with a Gear comment or two....but when I reached the Creek Ouzel was foraging too...clips...and I post them up to sorta show what the mini digi can do...

Now...the three pics of the the Twin Trunk Pine, are from...top to bottom....the 12x...the new camera...and the minidigiscope....the first two are crops...one can click the cursor on the pics to enlarge them....I took them at different times that day...and at little bit different angles too...the Tree is on the Rim!...about two thousand feet up..another thousand over...pretty far away, I'd say..it can be found to the left of the Falls on the North Wall.....I just liked the Tree..but as it happened, I took a pic of it with each camera...the 12x had the teleconvertor...and the new camera the 70-300 zoom...the minididgi was at it's lowest setting...I could have zoomed in closer...but at the time I just wanted the pic...and the composition shows that in the minididgi one!...I was cavalier with the crops...crops are really difficult...and very important!....oh...the Mallard wants to be in the show...I'll post up that pic clip set ...as it's part of this too!....overcast during the walk...started to drizzly rain all afternoon into the evening...melting the snow...weather report says it will begin to snow again...that's kinda the normal pattern to the storms hereabouts...rain then snow...unusual when it's so cold it starts to snow at the start!..as in the last storm...think I'll stay put in the Valley tomorrow...BadgerBadger can wait 'till Tuesday...really like the Ouzel clip...and will go out with the minidigi tomorrow to try for more close up clips of the critters......time to time I'll do these 'Gear' posts....not to get technical...but one thing the discerning eye will see is the blue purple fringe where the snow meets the rock in the lower right corners...some of that happens when I dont have the scope aligned and centered with the 3x on the bracket...and something to note is that the 3x can zoom in and out...if the scope eyepiece lens wasn't clamped by the bracket, it could zoom too...but as it is I have to release the clamp to zoom out more or less with it...I think it a good thing to have a zoom eyepiece on the scope!...

No comments: