Tuesday, December 30, 2008

M&M








Comparing the two Sentinel Rock pics is a bit like those puzzles in the Sunday Funnies....I was standing at the right straight-on-spot...but not as close...I guess...and the camera lenses are different...but I had the same time of day light!!...I think the Hotel was where the Rock Pile is...which in the pic is by the Cottonwood Stump...a tree that broke apart last Winter....but I could be totally wrong and the Hotel was on the other side of the Merced!...have to look at the maps...the Merced is just behind the Alder Aspen Cottonwood tree line...I'm guessing the old photo is stretched to emphasise Sentinel's height...and make the Hotel too narrow!!....paddled over to the Post Office and back...one blurry pic of Blue Jay...took a long nap in the afternoon...sunny blue and cool...Sentinel pic from yesterday out in Two Top....old pic from ebay...Tabor, a famous early California photog...Raven clip from yesterday....Ravens kinda rule the Valley...and insomuch Grinnell notes the absence of them, it's a curio...they're up in Tuolumne too...and I saw that flock up at Ostrander Lake in October...they eat carrion and trash, and what else I dont know!...and in this case leavings of trail mix partly locked in the frozen snow and ice...Raven's wariness reminded me of my own sneak ups to get pics!!

No comments: