Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Flycatcher



Whole day taken up with Bus trip to Town....in Town, rented a car to look for a car...drove a block or two from the car rental to the car sales lot...saw one I liked...salesman appeared from nowhere...they do that!..'can I sit in it?...wanted to see if I fit...didn't fit in the rental...newer cars are like that to tall folk!....so I sat, and the salesman said, 'leme go get the key'....and..and...I was done, though it took hours and hours to go through the loan paperwork...but drove the car back home to the Cabin okay in the Late Night, with a stop at Happy Burger in Mariposa...didn't eat for hours and hours....Ring Tail Cat in the Headlights on the Dark Road, expired, just past the Arch Rock Entrance...sigh...neighbors thought it pretty cool when I drove up...parked it where the Bus used to sit...it is, in a way, the Bus, insomuch the money I saved up for the Bus repairs went a long way to defray the loan, which will be another long way!....anyway, meanwhile, the rental car is in town still, and will have to retrieve it tomorrow...another longlong Bus ride...it's rented till Monday, so will either try to turn it in for some refund, or putter about in, or, just take it on the chin...I knew finding a car would be involved....my car is silver, and henceforth, Silver!!...hi!!ho!!.....I drove very slow once past Pohono Bridge...I always poke along, but even slower...with brights up...reallyreally dont want to collide with any Critters...or Anyone for that matter!!...a grey overcast day...asphalt wet in the Valley, and snow, news weather said, above 8,000 feet...clip up is Phoebe from two days ago...report of Little Bear by Last Chance early in the morning, and night before too, snacking on a Bees Wax Candle left out at the Train Wreck...oh..saw only a few Birds the whole day...Scrub Jay, Pidgeons, Ravens, Buzz Birds, Black Birds, maybe one Hawk....One Squirrel too!....and very few Bugs on the Big Bus Windshield...oh...while still on foot, stopped to visit Applegate Zoo...pics for sometime...watched Mountain Lion watching me, and thought together on things....

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Safe journies to you always!