Monday, September 27, 2010

Moss Landing Birds















Shuttled over to the Village after Breakfast, and back as far as Lower Falls...hopped off, and paddled out Lodgepole Point....pic of Dragonfly caught in the Merced-- Phoebe about, but didn't see Dragonfly...crossed the Creek, and to the Cabin...quiet...Ground Squirrel posing beside the Dirt Road...pic....napped most all afternoon!....sunny hothot blue...paddled out to Owl Log at Sunset...quiet...Ouzel, Robin, Flicker, Raven, about, and Mallard flyby from the Creek around and down the Merced for a splash landing...one Bat overhead in the Near Dark...

trip report: pics up are from Moss Landing Wildlife Refuge...most taken Friday morning, when I left off from the Otters, and walked along the Dirt Road to sight the Birds, which were scattered here and there....more Birds are expected for Winter....I sighted One Otter approaching from the North when I was on the Low Bridge...set up the digi...Otter dove...and disappeared!....looking to the South Bay, I saw Otter aways out...Otter had swam through the Connecting Pipes right under me!.....would have liked to have spent more time sighting the Birds, which I need to id....next trip post up: Elkhorn Slough...White Egret pic an immediate new favorite!...it was a one click, rather than a clickclickclick continuous shoot!...a bit like making a basket from half court!!...Green Plant floating in the Bay is Sea Lettuce....


2 comments:

Jeannette said...

You did a wonderful job on my neighborhood birds and you got great otter pics too. How fun.
Well as close to your neck of the woods I've been recently was last week I made my first visit to Courtright Resevoir south of Yosemite. My pictures are not blow- you- away like yours...but I sure enjoyed the beauty and the quiet.

DavidDavid said...

It was fun over at the Coast. Thanks!