Saturday, December 3, 2011

Buck


Out and about at first Light...Raven always greets the morning outside the Cabin thenabout....paddled out to Bobcat Meadow...Trees all look okay...lots of Twigs and such on the Ground...continued out Lodgepole Point...High Water has eroded the the Slope by the Ponderosa...everthing looks a bit different!...Leaning Cedars okay...everthing is very dry...Little Bird peeping at Creek's End...and Ouzel plopped into the Merced thereabout...continued on the inside Loop...One Song Sparrow at Cottonwood Bend...Sparrow flew off just as I set up...'I might not take a pic, it's so quiet!', my thought...but when I reached the Cottonwoods at Ozone Beach, Doe being chased by Buck jumped into view...set up, and got distant hd clip..tried to follow back into the Woods along the Diversion Channel...lost sight, and Wind was beginning to blow, and cold!...and I was hungry...but, just as I was about to leave off, Buck and Doe jumped out from behind a Willow, stopped, surprised to see me...and while Deer considered, I set up...there's a ritual to Deers' romance...Doe pretends not to notice, and browses, while Buck does nothing but stand in place and look on with longing, and then, Buck starts up and goes toward Doe, and Doe, cheerfully, it seems, runs off, and the chase begins...I got a good hd clip, with the wind in background, of Buck making a few flirtations, but not the long wild chases I've seen, and have clips of, before...left off as fingers were freezing, which hurts!, and to Breakfast...clip for sometime...windy for awhile in the morning, dry, sunny blueblue, cold....saw Raccoon two nights ago by Cabin...and Buck crossing road yesterday morning...Pileated Woodpecker was somewhere about on the other side of the Merced this morning...lots of Ravens reported in Siberia by Apple Orchard...Ravens by the Cabin too...Blue Jay calls....I was trying to listen for Owl and all the Birds, but there's a terribly loud new nightime Shuttle that keeps coming around!....hmmph...it whines like a street cleaner...

No comments: