Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tenaya Lake Skaters






Yesterday, got a ride from friend to Mariposa, and picked up new battery...Redshoulder Hawk pics while thereabout...for sometime....with help, like three of my neighbors going through their toolboxes for a 10mm socket...for some reason, known only to car manufacturers, and car mechanics, one battery connection is sae, and the other metric...'I just need sae wrench?'...and a 'yes' okayed a thirty eight dollar set of sae wrenches...hmmph...for just one wrench, not being sure what size...well, need tool kit my own self...anyway, a group effort was successful, found a 10mm socket, and this morning, Silver started right up with new battery, and I rolled up to Tuolumne...in the early morning, one skater on Tenaya Lake, which I thought very bold, until on the afternoon return, saw skaters all over the Lake!...and a very happy bunch, I'd say!...sunny blueblue, ultramarine blue, cold....I have some pics of the Meadows, for sometime...clips too of the skaters...a fine day!...bottom pic is the Asparagus Tree on Pieweack Dome...

2 comments:

Katie (Nature ID) said...

I've never been up to Tenaya Lake. Incredible to see people skating on a frozen lake in CA! How are the roads going to Yosemite? Is there still a skating rink in the valley? Am thinking of visiting during holidays. I've heard there's not much snow, so maybe I wouldn't need chains?

DavidDavid said...

Weather looks to be clear through the weekend. The Ice Rink in the Valley is open. Not only is Tenaya frozen over, and being skated on, but other lakes too, like May Lake. One still needs to have chains with in ones car when going over Tioga. Friend slid in his car on an icy spot on 41--140 is best road. Be sure to stop by and say hello!