Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mirror Lake Bald Eagle





Well, after finishing Yesterday's post up before Dawn, and playing wow a bit, I geared up, and thought to roll up to Tunnel View to join the Xmas Bird Walk group there....but it's been cold, and I haven't rolled around much in Silver, and when I turned the key, all I got was clic clic clic....battery very gone...still a little bit of headlights, so kept trying, and may have made things worse..left off not being able to turn the headlights off, and turning the lever made the alarm go off, which, with no battery power, was a kinda tiny alarm!....anyway, repairs for sometime...gathered the gear, and paddled over to the Village to join group starting there..early a bit, and after hot chocolate, and a sit and wait awhile, everyone arrived, and a fine day commenced...report for sometime...towards the end of the walkabout, I was lagging behind, and saw group ahead , pointing, and saying, 'Eagle'...'oh, dont be pulling my leg!' I said trotting to catch up...and there was Eagle, perched on a Tall Snag above Tenaya Creek...pic and clips with the video crop of the newer camera...oh...little pic was with the waterproof...surprised I got that....just pointed skyward when Eagle flew out and over my head, pestering Raven in pursuit...Eagle was headed back to Mirror Lake...by myself, I would have followed!...but Count Day has a kinda routine, and time...sunny blueblue, cold in the morning, cool in afternoon...needless to say, everyone thought it very cool to see Eagle!!....friend reports seeing Bald Eagle at Nevada Falls last Summer, which I may have mentioned in earlier post....

No comments: