Friday, April 6, 2012

Running Y Hawk

http://youtu.be/_pNGHFPUpO0

Going to Klamath Falls was problematic because of the Weather, or so I thought, as it was it was okay and fine, but I had sent a postcard to my Tuolumne Friend, who winters in Klamath, that maybe I would be thereabout thenabout arriving on the Train...vacation approval came so late, I couldn't send off in time an update...so when I did divert to Klamath because of traffic to San Francisco, and continued to Klamath in spite of the Rain in Shasta, I was kinda glad, as I could maybe find my friend, who, I suspected, may have thought I would be coming, which indeed was the case!...'I checked the train last few days...'...hmmph...'oh, it was okay, as I go by there everyday!'...on hearing that, the day began, and we rolled to a destination I had studied out the night before I left--the Canoe Trail at the North Klamth Wildlife Refuge..from the web report, I pictured a Visitor Center with a Canoe Rental Place beside..after some determined looking up 140 on the West Side of Klamath Lake, there seemed to be a place...a Bread and Breakfast Resort beside the Lake where there was a Marsh...'wait here in the car, I'll go check'...and I Paddled up the Dirt Drive to a Large House, and thinking it a Hotel of sorts, opened the Door, and caught my self, as it looked like a private Home!...and a big Dog came woofing up, with a fellow following...'pardon me, I didn't mean to intrude!'...but he smiled and explained it was the B&B....I returned to my friend...'I almost got eaten...place to go, I've learned, is the next house...wait here'...and I paddled up a second drive, and knocked on the Door, which was opened by  the B@B manager being followed by a horde of Dogs...and I learned that I had indeed found the Refuge, but it has no facilities, it's just a 'wildlife area', and one brings one's own Canoe, as the Canoe Trail ends thereabout, and begins a bit further South...with much thanks, and thoughts for a sometime, I returned to my friend, 'I almost got eaten'...'yes, they have a sled dog trailer'....and we rolled back to Klamath with a stop to looksee at the Running Y Resort, where Hawk post and clip were taken...hereabout today: sat awhile under the Cottonwoods at Ozone Beach...Two Sets of Mallard Pairs about...Male Mallards squared off for a 'water up'...pics for sometime...yesterday, Does with Fawns about...and Birds are returning...Blackbirds, Redwings, Male Merganser flyby, Robins, Song Sparrows, Blue Jay, Nuthatch (maybe Nest in Tall Cottonwood), Pileated, Chicadee with an added note to the call: 'dee da da da....sunny cloudy warm, full moon tonight and puff clouds...good night for Moonbow maybe....two tired from work to set up camera...hmmph...report of Bald Eagle on Snag (pic taken) in Merced Canyon...the Running Y Resort, when planning the rollabout, I had thought to stay at, and if more Birds had been at Tule Lake, I may have for the whole vacation, but Tule was quiet, and I was really curious to explore the Ten Mile Dunes....the afternoon was spent with my friend at the Klamath Museum, and it was a fine day!

No comments: