Monday, April 22, 2013

Kite Pair

http://youtu.be/MjNo9_6bnZw


Last Saturday, when I arrived at the Coast, Marina, and after getting a Room, there was Time for an hour walkabout at Elkhorn Slough (closes too early!), and just as I started out, heard Hawk, Redshoulder, call, and trying to locate, sighted Kite, and second Kite, a Nesting Pair, in the same Trees...when I returned from going as far as the Slough, Tide was out, just a couple clips of Long Legs, Kites were still about (Redshoulder too), One Kite hovering like at Fort Bragg, but too far away...very cool Hawks!...hereabout sunnysunny blueblue warm...Merced came over the Bank just a bit...sat awhile at the Cottonwoods...Yesterday, at Lunch thereabout, Blue Jay was waiting for some of my corn muffin, and I dont give an inch... 'dont feed the animals'...but tourists came along, and tried for pic of Blue Jay waiting above my head in the Alder, and I caved...put a crumb on the Second Ozone Boulder that has peaked top, and I smiled to see all the tourists from Japan drop to one knee in a row and wait...clip and pic for sometime...Blue Jay posed, twice, for two crumbs, quickly darting down and back up...report of Bobcat at the Stable Apple Orchard...juat a little Frazil in the Creek...

No comments: