Sunday, April 7, 2013

Western Kingbird




The rollabout was a bit problematic insomuch as  Silver's Trouble Light was on...came on during the previous roll to Town...checked Oil and Water, and okay, so so, down the Hill to Williams, Klamath Falls, and Arcata, where I stayed overnights..and it rained and cleared and was foggy and rained and cleared and overcast, and from Arcata I thought to roll to Ft. Bragg and stay at least one Night, and thereabout, I waited to make a left turn to get gas, and waited and waited, and thought, well, I will see the Coast as far as Bodega Bay, very much wanted to make the Big Loop!, and be back in the Valley by midnight, and have some timt to take Silver to the Garage, and so continued...rest stop at Ft. Ross...walked out to the Bluff with pastrami sandwich and potato chips and sat awhile....looked with the binocs for Sea Otters, but just some Scuba Divers, who seemed to be having an awkward time of it!...Windmill pic from thereabout on return to Silver...Coast was clear but cloudycloudy, and Fog was on the Horizon, so thoughts of stopping for the Night, which were many!, kept fluttering away, and at Bodega, whre the Coast Road actually sorta ends, as it turns Inland, and the scenic Bluffs and Rocky Surf lost to view, I made the turn to Petaluma....now, I had a map with, Western States, and sorted out to take 12 to 116, and in Petaluma, everywhere actaully it seemed!, there was Roadwork, and Detour Signs, and knashing of teeth until I found myself on 12 with a straight route to Stockton, and it was night now, and more Roadwork, the concrete barriers in the middle, the road bumpity bump, oncoming lights blinding, cars behind anxious, and I was going 50, which is about the harmonic spot for Silver's DW!...and I'd look at the Trouble Light with lowered eyelids...hmmph...but Silver did fine, and I just hung on with hands at Ten and Two!...reached 5, crossed over to 99, and thereabout ramp announcing the Valley, and once past Groveland up the hill, a sigh of relief!...and back by 12:30...pohono...I still have another week, and thought is to roll out again...Vacatiom is the only time I have to venture far afield, on ventures that take days...anyway...Kingbird pic at Westport Graveyard...was hopeful thereabout to sight Ospreys...did sight at Ten Mile River...pic for sometime...and just a few more pics and clips for sometime from the rollabout...I checked all the spots, well, not all, but spots where I've taken pics...places become memories that I want to revisit...this happens on the Valley walkabouts too...when I sit at lunch at the Cottonwoods, thereabout is filled with the memories of Critter sightings...oh...the Silk Moth!!...on 101, at the end of the Avenue of the Redwoods, stop thereabout to ponder how to find Brown Creepers climbing Redwoods!, I was thinking to take 101 back, and not make the Coast, as the turn to 1, Seasick Road, is thereabout,. and I needed a reststop, and I couldn't recall there being much at that offramp, and noted I woould need to go further regardless and find gas statiom, but I sighted a a little Market, and thereabout sighted Moth, and afterwards while getting coffee in the Market, sighted the Park Orinthologist just back from backpack of the Lost Coast!...so, so, Seasick Road it was, having got a kinda second wind...pivotal moments are continual considerations on the walks and rolls, and while I get about like an expeirenced gymnast doing somersaults now, I can easily recall just how difficult it all is...anyway...hereabout it is still cloudycloudy...played wow all Night, after a week away from the Realms!, so today just a walk back from the Village, and a coffee sit awhile at the Cottonwoods..Mallard Pair on the Cottonwood Snag, and Phoebe...pics and clip...Merced is a little higher...report of Bobcat crossing the Road at the A Rooms with 'just Squirrels Tail' hanging from mouth....last evening I went over the Stables at Last Light to check on report of Owl...Pygmy Owl call heard...and on Shuttle, report of Ringtail Family at the A Rooms living in the Rocky Slope at the Loop...at Last Light these Evenings, Mallards fly high over head going East, and I imagine up Tenaya Canyon or towards Lake Merced, and somewheres far beyond!

No comments: