Sunday, June 1, 2014

Four Corners


Pic is from google satellite view...I often have Breakfast thereabout at Denny's, and have sighted Hawk, Redtail, three times thereabout...Four Corners is a name I've thought up for another blog, not new so much, a kinda spin off from the old Tree in the Door...name isn't from the famous Four Corners...but I've been there, and have a pic, somewhere, of holding my sister's dog, Goldie, with one paw in each state!...and, just now, on doing google search to check on something, (one of the states, Colorado, having gone off the reservation a bit) I find, lol!, that a brand of a seeds is called Four Corners!...sheesh..whattodo whattodo...I've been mulling over a blog called Four Corners for several months...thought is to illustrate with satellite views of street intersections that I happen on in my travels...I'm finding it very tough to find my way into the urbanscape with photos or art or writing...I've never been very good at it, and ten years in the Sierra has pretty much tipped me into eccentricity!...but I want to write about my town, and the towns I travel through, and what "intersects" into my thoughts and musings..."musings" I guess is what I have in mind...I sit in the booths by the big windows, as I often did at Last Chance... having finished eating, and finishing my coffee and ice water, I go over things in my thoughts, a kinda first meal of the day routine...sometimes my reveries are such that I'm startled with "Do you want more coffee?"...and I smile, "no...'s okay, thanks!", and, sigh, maybe "Four Corners" as the blog's name is okay!...while at break once, talking about the mental state of  artists with the A Rooms piano player, they noted of my rambling talk that, "You are always there!"..."there" being that spaced out state of my generation's flower children!, and artists and such...in Sedona on the Texas trip I took note of all the "vortex" ads--a kinda congregation of sorts...and in the google search I took note that three of the four states are off the reservation!

I was about the web 'till daybreak last night, and some more this afternoon, trying to get squared away on that old post, Pocket Pair (yesterday's post up)...part of the post was an encouragement to google search "shrapnel Iraqi children", and I took my own advise, and did that again, adding 2014 to the search string....it's grim...both sides, all sides, the respective audiences I mean, citizenry in each country, are all just beset...I was thinking the world has become even more Orwellian than Orwell imagined it might, and as it happened, happened on a quote from Orwell...lemesee if I can relocate that!...brb...

quote

  • "As I write, highly civilised human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me."
  • "They do not feel any enmity against me as an individual, nor I against them. They are 'only doing their duty', as the saying goes. Most of them would never dream of committing murder in private life. On the other hand, if one of them succeeds in blowing me to pieces with a well-placed bomb, he will never sleep any the worse for it. He is serving his country, which has the power to absolve him from evil."

  • end quote

    quote is from wiki page that begins:

    quote
    "England Your England" is an essay written by the British author George Orwell during The Blitz of 1941 as bombers of Nazi Germany flew overhead. It is his attempt to define British culture and the British people for the rest of the world as he fears that it might soon be wiped from earth by the Nazi armies. He also states that England would not change into a fascist state and cannot unless she is thoroughly broken.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_Your_England

    end quote

    here's essay...
    http://orwell.ru/library/essays/lion/english/e_eye

     Awhile back, I happened on a youTube of a German  modelers' giant radio controlled model of a B-25....the sound it makes is remarkably true to life, and the sheer glee of everyone at it's maiden flight, remarkably German!...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b8XhpYBkZo

    It's called "Apachi Princess", which reminds me of a famous Russell Painting...brb...


    https://cmrussell.org/

    That's link to the Russell museum, which I'd very much like to hop on a plane and visit...airfares are very much cheaper than gasoline road trips!

    Exalted Ruler  by Charles Russell   Giclee Canvas Print Repro









    oh...and this from wiki...

    In folk magic and mythology, crossroads may represent a location "between the worlds" and, as such, a site where supernatural spirits can be contacted and paranormal events can take place. Symbolically, it can mean a locality where two realms touch and therefore represents liminality, a place literally "neither here nor there", "betwixt and between".

    DavidDavid
    GG

    No comments: