Sunday, June 1, 2014

On Reading Blogs

It's my expectation that blogs come and go, they're not that easy to do, and when ones I follow, which is only like a half dozen, trail off, I feel a bit sad, but understand that the problematicness of blogging takes a toll.  

Tree in the Door Fauna and Flora started up a bit after I started Tree in the Door, and both were posted to almost everyday for a year, a task, along with working in the Valley, and just dealing with the Valley, well, I just don't think it will ever be done again, by anyone.  Fauna and Flora took all I could do after awhile, and Tree in the Door, had a conclusion, sorta.... I just made an update to one of the posts.   I don't revisit it very often, but it could probably use a lot of update.  Tree in the Door actually has a beginning that progresses to an ending, though I'm quite certain no one has ever read it from beginning to end, though, I cant tell that for certain!  Blogs are like that.  It is just very awkward to happen on a blog, and try to read it all from start.  Doing Fauna and Flora I take note of this, each post is a stand alone, one doesn't need to know what went before, or after!  But Tree in the Door too took into consideration that posts would be happened on without much regard to what was before or after.  Tree in the Door is very long, and my memory being what it has always been, lousy, I cant recall off the top of my head what I wrote!  It comes back, when I revisit a post.  I don't know if professional writers have this happen to them, and if I was one, I'd have to be wary of talking with my readers, who may well have all the things I wrote about at the tip of their tongue like trekkies do Star Trek lore.  I was thinking tonight to look at the first posts of both Fauna and Flora and Tree in the Door, and see if I'm still connected, and I think I am, in fact, I have a remarkable continuity between my blogs, over time, over subjects and themes, and it stretches back decades into things I wrote a long while ago.  I mention this, as I'm trying to find my footing, and square away to dig out things from those scrap boxes of mine, and start a few other blogs.  Anyway, here's a couple things from early posts to Tree in the Door...

On Reading Blogs

I had one of the first, but it resides somewhere forgotten, bit dusty,
But what to make of them now like countless stars in Cyberspace?
Oh, I know, they are like dream visits,
The Halloween journeys of sleepy heads,
We slip and slide inside one another like amnesiacs
Until we log off, awake, and feel safe at home behind walls of bone.

DolphinWords
DavidDavid
Yosemite
January 27, 2007

Don't know but I could work my World of Warcraft "dream visits" into that!  And here is old early Tree in the Door post using the sense of audience I've just been going on about!

Pocket Pair

2am and Jennifer Tilly is playing poker wearing sunglasses.
I’ll fall asleep soon along with all the television audience.
In our dreams we'll be transfixed, least we walk about or fall out of bed,
A dread paralysis when dream monsters attack.
Poker faced the players study their cards.
Earlier Jennifer was so talkative on the late night talk show,
And now so quiet. The game brings people’s personalities out.
All across America the audience focuses on the turn of the cards,
Chance and good or bad fortune.
Bad fortune for the two Iraqi kids pictured in the news.
They were sprayed by shrapnel from a bomb explosion,
Afterwards photographed wounded sitting together, their faces in tears.
America, put this picture in your wallet.
Asked, What have you got in your wallet?
You can show this picture of a pair of Iraqi kids sitting together in tears.
The poker game is back after a commercial break,
Jennifer loses a close big pot and laughs and talks to relieve the stress.
An audience cant say much, applause, cheers, a startled OHHH!,
Maybe a few individual whistles and devoted expressions.
It’s a bit like being dream transfixed. Jennifer is lovely when she is talking,
Poker isn’t her forte. She could gather those kids to her and dry their tears.
But then, we should all be sitting together everyday in tears transfixed.
Transfixed in another fashion indeed we are,
And we channel surf about when these two kids are all that should matter,
And we are in our seats, an American audience,
Not about to walkabout, or fall out of bed.

DolphinWords
DavidDavid
April 8, 2007
Yosemite



No comments: