Sunday, March 22, 2015

Garden Dirt





Well, going about things with the little hand mattock, while a laid back way to work, sitting, and pulling out the devil grass, doesn't cut it, so took to the shovel...dug once to get the sod on the shovel, tossed it over on the driveway cement, and then sunk the shovel down as deep as I could, and bent down, and lifted, and turned the whole shovel full over...dirt wasn't too wet now, or dry, and I made good progress...after doing the small section, took the mattock and sifted through the sod, separating the dirt from the devil grass...put the grass in the green trash bin...don't think it would be any use for mulch, and put the dirt back in the garden...and, walaa, if nothing else I can now plant my Juicy Crunch Carrots!...sunny hot blue some clouds...tomorrowmorrow, Maya and I roll up to Bakersfield...second round of puppy shots at the vet...so gardening set aside until I get back...wet the section, thinking the ribosomes of the devil grass will sprout, and I can continue the eradication!...and I need to recover from the bending and lifting!

No comments: