Thursday, March 5, 2015

Flute Playing Giraffe
























quote

...as reasonable as a flute playing giraffe...

unquote

source of quote is in this book: Baseball, The Early Years, by Harold Seymour, Oxford University Press 1960...and quote is one of the colorful expressions used by old timey sports writers...I've been looking through book for quote, it's in there somewhere, and when I find it I'll update...a fine book, and seeing how pitchers and catchers have reported for the new season, I'll re read it!...at Palomar, I was kind of at a loss what to paint and draw when I was outside...cityscapes don't really interest me, and the Southern California Landscapes require getting out and away from the cityscape!...so, I started to take notice of the images in stories and songs, which have a great many things that can be illustrated, and brought out...like Dana's melancholy Owl!

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Toot- toot -tweet -toot played the graceful giraffe before he dropped his flute!