Monday, December 7, 2015

Dog

a poem...

Dog

With the rhythm of a breast stroke swimmer
The floppy eared red setter, long legged,
Ran hundred yard dashes, raced his master
Who wore a red shirt, numbered,
On the darkened grass football field
As night neared, the sun gone
And the moon rose,
An amber glow reflected that flashed
Slowly into my mind in an eye of the dog
Whose ears flopped.

DolphinWords

hmmph...at times when I re visit old clips and pics and commentary in the blog, it sometimes takes a minute to remember I did them...and for that minute I'm looking at something that may as well have been made by someone else!...so it is with this poem, it's in my stack if '70's poems, typewritten with my typewriter, but the last few lines are complicated in a way I'm usually not!...'did I do that?'...guess I did..:)...oh..off to run up and down the court my own self...basketball game to referee...

No comments: