Thursday, September 21, 2017

OTI:one poem and notes:9/21/17

Open To Interpretation

Clothing

To play the game
You needed to become
A game piece
A toon
A lovely visual fantasy
Of all your favorite vanities
Tailored clothed
Tailored unclothed
Tailored dance
To your own musicology
Of everything you fancy
Beyond your biology.

Oh, you come away
Still in costume
To walk a sidewalk mile
And make me smile
To see you determined
To make the buildings
Lean and sway
The automobiles
Become saddled fast toon turtles
In a carnival's ride traffic jam whirl.

Oh, that long stare you give me
Like a pursed lip kiss
On some poor cursed frog,
Reminding me how plainly I'm me.

You model your magic for us to draw from,
And we haven't your wand, just what we came with.
 
DolphinWords
 
Notes: rolled over Tuesday evening to The Gypsy Den...this after sitting a bit at Magnolia Street Beach doing up my daily plein air for the hashtag stradaeasel contest...last few have been just black and white...Russell, the Western painter, painted and drew in black and white for years...charcoal on newsprint drawing is my favorite...and surprisingly, after resorting to black and white because of the frustrations of manipulating acrylic paint, I find that it has many of the properties of drawing with charcoal on newsprint...anyway, at the Den readout 'Salem' and 'Heart'...
 
:)
 
DavidDavid

No comments: