Wednesday, September 27, 2017

OTI:three poems and notes:9/27/17

Open To Interpretation
 
Grin

Oh, how do I stop their machinations?
So? Why bother? Their news doesn't arrive
At your doorstep like the Daily Nation
Newspaper tossed, a rattlesnake alive.

My fears my tears render the clouds' downpour.
You think the sky sympathetically
Hesitates?  Pausing the torn shorn winds for
Everyone their practicality?

I wear their visage, I bare their burden.
White crosses at sunset beside a road.
They shade against a glaring horizon.
Crowded the roads home, another day sold.

Who the hell poisonous you think you are?
Oh, with their grin, I dare to come this far.
 
 
Plait

Where become after words alone empty
You can find me, a refrain, an echo,
Or something made nothing then something be
Like a spider web a night surprise 'Oh!'.

Then was our moment, now is all I have
This my memory album, songs sang we.
Begrudge me nothing?  Nothing I dearly save.
This is all my serenade, Destiny, 

What could I know when nothing is to know?
There we were once, and from then gone to when.
This world everyday an old new show.
Maybe is someday come around again.

I didn't plait, my outward look stated,
But from where that then I your night mated.
 
 
Afternoon

Ishmael and Dana
Watched the Butterflies and Ducks
While Blue Sky was moored
Beside Petra
Like a Black Ship
Tied to the first buoy
In Harbor's bay.
The creek babbled
And the waterfall roared
While the Ravens
Worried Hawk.
Bobcat hopped up on the
Twin fallen Cedars,
Gave everyone a long look,
And walked across,
Disappearing into the bracken ferns.

DolphinWords

Notes: thought to start out with 'Clothing', previous post, to sorta begin another 'sonnet' sequence with just the three four line stanzas and the envoy...no set rhyme or meter...it's not easier that way, especially now having done a few rhymed meter sonnets, I'm always suspicious there is more 'around the bend' if I reach for the rhymes and meters...the conceits usually are there however things are laid out...so, dunno...anyway, early early morning these two rolled out...and a wonder what to do with the Black Deck crew...doing the hashtag stradaeasel thing really is diverting...the thirty day challenge to do a plein air painting each day...kinda pushes poems back away in line...I've stuck to acrylics, and moved from colors to just black and white...and realize I can do what I do with charcoal on newsprint on canvas with black and white acrylics...there is a whole range of things that happen mixing acrylics with water because they dry so fast...everything from very thin wash to a glob of unmixed paint...and the nap of the canvas, the texture, comes into play too...I did one painting on hardboard, and that was different...so along with the paint on the brush drying so fast, the surface being painted on is important too...today, by mischance, I painted over an area where I had experimented with nu pastel, a blue stick, on the canvas...had thought to do pastels on canvas, as stretched canvases are a much stronger and durable ground than mi tientes papers I use when wanting to do archival pastel...my titanium white didn't quite cover the blue splotch on the canvas, and an interesting effect showed through...in the sky it looks like rain, in foreground reflection of rain...this an ocean scene...and very subtle...what else could I do with pastel, or pastel dust!...can I blow, airbrush pastel, powdered paint, though a straw, a tube, like the ancient cave artists?...get blends and fountains mixing paint dust into the black and white acrylics?...an experiment, and report to come!...oh, OCPC is taking a 'hiatus' until next year...hmmph...Izzy filled in last year, but is off about the world somewhere...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: