Thursday, November 19, 2009

North Dome Hawk






Out and about late...took chocolate croissant with, and thought to go back to the Creek for Brunch...but too noisy at the Deer House...Tiki pump truck servicing the Porta Tiki's...it's a horrific noise!...anyway...diverted to the Lunch Sit Log....happened on Young Buck on the Bike Path...pic and clip....and Song Sparrow..clip and pic...at the Log, heard Hawk calling far away across the Woods, and likely across the Merced too, I thought...and it was so...hurried into the Woods, and when I got to Half Stump, I could hear Hawk from the Trees across the River...clip...waded across, eyes always on the Trees, and stepped in a hole...almost drowned!..not...but did tilt over, and recovered, keeping things dry!...once on the other side, I located Hawk in the large, and much photographed in the Fall, Oak...and one of my first Hawk pics and clip are from that Tree too...anyway...clips and pics...and while trying to set up the digi..the gorilla pods are proving too slow to set up...Hawk few off when I was looking down...disappointed, I walked alongside the Cottonwood Grove, and to my right from a Cottonwood Snag...one where I have evening pics of Owl!...Hawk flew low through the Grove across the River to Creek's End...paddled through the Grove, and waded across the Merced, which is about it's deepest hereabout..above my knees...and scrambled up the bank and out into the Diversion Channel, as Hawk headed up that way and I was able to keep eye contact...again too slow with the digi..and just gave up on that...finally caught up with Hawk, after..lesee...four Trees...and got another pic and clip...and then there were three more Trees!...but lost Hawk above the Bike Path, not far from yesterday's sighting....thought to go to the Cabin and dry off, and eat my croissant, but Coyote was coming from the other direction...clip and pic...and lost Coyote out on the Road in front of Last Chance...but thought to follow...nearing Two Top Pine Meadow on the Bike Path, I heard Hawk again...and Blue Jays and Ravens scolding...just missed getting clip of them all...but Hawk flew off into the Scorched Forest...saw Hawk fly off from three more Trees...and when I came out into the Meadow, I found myself searching with much hope Two Top Pine for Hawk... a wished for pic!...but Hawk was gone...time...and returned to the Cabin....Chickaree greeted me...pics and clips...and I ate the croissant on the way to work!...sunny warm blue...River wasn't that cold...and a fine Tree to Tree with Hawk!...nine or ten Trees all together...six recorded with tinytiny pics or clips...and one good close looksee through the scope...that time Hawk was on Owl's Ponderosa...the Pine I often view from the Lunch Sit Log....I had made a big circular loop at that point, much to the amusement, I'm sure, to a tourist that was lounging in the Sun thereabout!

No comments: