Thursday, August 12, 2010

Clark's Nutcracker


Clip from Tuesday morning...Sardine Lake in foreground (been told I was at Little Sardine Lake), then Walker Lake (with private fishing dock!), and Mono Lake....first Bird call was Little Sparrow of some sort...no luck with pic...and then Clark's Nutcracker greets the Dawn...I was going to skip seeing the Sunrise, and go back to sleep, but managed to crawl out of the Tent and up the Little Ridge, and sat the while on the Talus....earlier, the day before, on the Trail where it goes up along the Slope just before the Trail Fork to Mono and Parker, the last Uphill of an easy Trail, that had me gulping for air!, I heard a bunch of Nutcracker's calling, with a single note call mixed in...I had to looksee, and set the Pack down, and scrambled up the Slope....got a little bit close, and took a clip with the 20x...sighted Nutcracker Fledglings...clip's soundtrack is marred with my trying to get air...usually I'm very good at not making sounds..sigh...wish I'd unpacked the miniscope too, as I'd have a good close clip...Nutcrackers and Juncos were about, and about all I saw..Raven, Seagull, and the Little Sparrow like Bird...one Doe too shy for pic...Deer are shy in the Meadows...today: out and about late...picked up mini donuts and orange juice, and paddled back to the Creek at the Swath Riprap...quiet...pic of Frog by me feet...same Frog that shows up in the Shower now and then....some kinda cleanup underway over at the Deer House..all the old tiki cans, and the watertank trailer, gone...sunny hot blue...at Lunch: took the 20x too along to work, hoping for clip of Doe and One Fawn...they were both in the Court Corner last evening, but only Doe this evening....I was about to sight the camera through the window, when Doe looked back, then stood and walked out toward the Road, bleating a bit walking past me when I went outside, and was taking clip, and then friend appeared, camera with too...and friend reported the Fawn has been seen alone over by Camp 4...followed Doe across the Road, where she began browsing, and I continued out to Ozone Beach and sat under the Cottonwood for remaining time....a bit disconsolate...vacation not approved, but that's nothing to finding Fawn and Doe apart!....clip for sometime...I've seen Doe and Fawn in the Corner six times, tonight would have made seven...

No comments: