Friday, August 20, 2010

Yellow Rump Warbler










On the Trail from Lake Tenaya to Sunrise, I took a break after an hour or so (began at one), and took some pics of Mt. Hoffman...and sighted Yellow Rump Warbler in nearby Lodgepole...pics and clip...the next morning I thought to come back this way, but instead returned on the Trail to Cathedral Lakes...Tuesday morning at Sunrise was very quiet... Robins and Blue Birds below in the Long Meadow, but when I got there after packing, the Meadow was quiet, and the Trail too....oh...One Doe in the Meadow....when I reached the Store and Grill, I ordered my usual cheeseburger combo, and went and sat in my usual place across the road--a Stump in a Shady Place....I had good luck here with some pics two weeks ago, which are for sometime....felt sleepy, and still time until the Hikers Bus comes by, and I found a Grassy Shady Spot to stretch out and skygaze....Three Ravens chasing Hawk farfar away....and I sighted a LIttle Hawk, couldn't id, land in the Grasses and Flowers and Stones, and Picket Pins, just across the Use Trail....went to looksee, as Hawk blended in, but couldnt locate, and must have flown off....returned to skygazing...Ravens and Hawk farfar away again....and again I sighted the Little Hawk swoop down to the Grasses again....and again couldnt find Hawk, but i startled Hawk up into the air, and tried for pic...and reallyreally wish the pic I have was better....so blurry I cant id Hawk....the week before I had glimpsed Hawk fly across the Road hereabout too....looked and looked in the Trees by the Station then, but no luck....maybe better luck this week!....Today: early Breakfast, and, returning to the Cabin, happened on Mama Doe and One Fawn in the Backyard....pics and digiclips...Doe and Fawn settled down to nap, and so did I back in the Cabin!....sunny hot blue...at Lunch: sat at the Fallen Cedar...Phoebe thereabout flycatching, and tried for some more flight pics, but no luck...Mama Mallard with Three Mallardlings paddled by...pics...Five Ravens on the opposite shore of the Merced...Little Yellow Bird in the Willow...blurry pics...Blue Jays, Robins, Blackbirds, Song Sparrows, and several Phobes, about...

No comments: