Saturday, April 11, 2015

Deer House Garage


















My photo of the Deer House (a site with some thoughts on the Deer House) Garage photo isn't very clear, and the photo is very clear, taken I imagine with a big format camera, and it has an unusual mix of darks and lights..sometimes I browse for old Valley things...it was offered by a site called 'HistoricMapWorks'...photo was taken when House was new, like 1920s or so (link to photo) (update:site has it photo taken in 1978!)...and it's a copy of an original negative the site has, I'm guessing...sunny hot blue...the stucco repair goes slowly...kinda feeling my way with it...problem with the prep is I couldn't really match the new barrier paper with the old...one is supposed to slide new under old, like shingles...but that just wasn't possible where the studs are...broke out to the studs on either side, so hole is a giant now!...and on either side, don't see quite how to make the papers match properly...one thing I picked up from youtube, is to put some insulation in the wall for support...but found that after I nailed everything in place, and just crinkeled the paper with wire mesh at the edges and jammed it in...not code, I gather!...the first substrate for a stucco wall is the black barrier paper...I'd planned to get a roll, and put on two layers like recommended, but Home Deport sold me the paper with mesh, which is like the paper with mesh on the House already, so went with that...hmmph...I'll get the stucco on for now best I can (yes, it falls off easy), but at some point may tear it all out, and do it over...thought is to use a small hand star drill, and carefully widen the hole trying not to damage the old paper and mesh so I'll have enough to work with...though the studs are stll a puzzle...another puzzle is how to score better with my WOW Feral Druid...scoreboard is best I've had so far, and usually my damage score, and a lot of others running Feral Druids, is like only a third of what I did in that game, which was unique...a close game, long lasting, and I get healed and stayed alive a lot...game was in the 90-99 bracket...my toon is over 100 now, and can get Honor gear like I have on my Death Knight...and I'm finally playing with keybinding instead of using the mouse...in fact, I don't use the mouse at all...I still use the keys for my movements, and have bound keys all over the board so I don't hardly need the mouse...much fun to play this way, as I can keep my eyes on the game, and I stay at one view point for most part, and it's pretty close up view...using the mouse roller button, one can go from a far away bird's eye view, to so close you don't see your own toon...I'm not that close up, yet...it's a different sorta challenge to play close up...curious if I can hide the action bars and still use them!...Maya sleeping at my sister's during my last visit there...she's outside now here...I'm trying to get her to like being outside in the backyard so much that that will be the one place for pee and poo...not so at the moment!....the radishes are coming up, but no carrots, yet...my tenant is harvesting cucumbers in her little garden patch in the backyard, which has survived Maya's curiosity so far!

No comments: