Thursday, April 30, 2015

One Radish

bug nibbled radish top...I nibbled the bottom...
clown fish plate from target

a kinda race between the weeds and veggies

puppy smile

dog beach, Huntington Beach

gone bananas
chew on the ocean
all you want

Day before yesterday, I picked the first radish, one nearly overgrown by the devil grass...this morning, they all look ready to be picked...I'm taken aback by how much watering it's taken to keep the leaves from wilting...three or four sprinklings a day...and the carrots look to have a long way to go...I could weed, but 'am curious to see how the weeds do too!...sunny blue hot...last three evenings I've rolled out with Puppy Maya to the Beach...yesterday afternoon to Dog Beach in Huntington Beach (by the bluffs North of the Pier), and the evening before to Balboa Pier after sundown...that after dark visit was kinda the best time...cool and no other dogs and few beachgoers...Dog Beach was kinda hectic...Maya got along fine with Puppy, see pic, and most other dogs, but sometimes squared off with others...I got an alpha pooch, I suspect(and suspect I'm being too glib--here link to a complex subject!)...and with people, she greets everyone with a jump up, and is a delight...but I keep her on leash, as I know after the kissing and licking, comes the nibbling and biting...'puppy stuff' I'm told and hope...Maya likes to tug of war play, and hands and ankles are in play!...and she picks up everything...plastic water bottles a favorite...seaweeds a puzzle...and the ocean waves a challenge...many dogs were off the leash, and what with the low bluffs, safe from the Coast Highway...speeds hereabout over fifty five...on a sunup visit, and less people and dogs about, I'll let Maya off the leash ...thought was to go all the way to San Onofre for this beach adventure, but State Park rules there look to prohibit dogs on beach  now...but will have to go looksee...for sometime...

No comments: