Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Radishes

if I should perish
these words do cherish
'would you like a radish?'

devil grass

no id weed

no id bug

Last two rows are the radishes...first three were the
carrots which didn't sprout--planted too deep, I think...

Stuck on Stucco















































































The radishes, like Puppy Maya, grow overnight, and this morning I was delighted to see their red tops!...carrots are a fail, I planted them too deep, and having watched the youtube clips, know now how to plant them...the devil grass, and one weed of some sort, have come up too, which was expected...a few of the radish leaves have been nibbled on....don't know if the black bug was the culprit...put another layer of stucco on the wall patch...different mix, faster drying, and too fast...dried before I could scratch it deep enough...but it will be okay I think for next final layer...used different mix because the bags were lighter!...fifty pounds as opposed to eighty...sigh...wimp out now at eighty pounds!...and studied more stucco youtubeclips...it's a fascination, kinda like repairing teeth!..to patch the hole in the wall properly, I gather, I would have to break out enough for eight inches of the old paper to be available to slide the new under at the top, and like six inches on the sides...in front of the house, one small area of stucco has bulged out, and some fine line cracks here and there on the house...nothing with the stucco is a serious problem, the hole just had a board over it for years, and behind, the interior wasn't damaged...just a tiny bit of black mold...but the house, and all the neighborhood houses, are getting up in years...many have re-stucco, and I'm curious if the new stucco was put on over the old...I'm keeping an eye out for building sight doing stucco--curious to see just how the commercial application is done...a job doing stucco would seem a pretty secure career choice!...early overcast, clearing sunny warm...it being Earth Day, I thought to link a satellite web cam, but can't find one...hmmph...and here's a Mother Earth article about dioxin pesticides...which I happened on while re-reading tales of agent orange...Maya is incorrigible,  chew chew chew......

No comments: