Monday, November 16, 2015

A Doe

a poem...

A Doe

At the edge of my eyes,
Movement, a doe...
I glance and see her.

I hike on the trail
Burdened by my orange pack.

The rubbing waist belt
And shoulder straps
Make a strained noise.

Eye-rings, gently, rhythmically
Tap the aluminum frame.

Her small feet make high steps
In the long grass.

The trail is flat beside the meadow
Where the stream that fell rushing over the rocks
Meanders slowly.

She keeps pace with me.

The pines thin beside the meadow.
I walk on the damp packed earth over their roots.

She follows, ears perked to my sound.

I dare only glance
From the corners of my eyes.

DolphinWords
4/14/75

Well, that one has a date...and was likely in Idyllwild up at the meadows reached by Devil's Slide trail...and, knowing does as I do now, I was probably being followed for a snack!...anyway...

Much progress with the fence!...all the poles set in drying cement...the anchor boards on the garage and back wall attached...all the material purchased...so, so, tomorrowmorrow, after putting up the slats and gate, Maya, my dog, should be able to romp about the backyard again, and play with her favorite toy, my expensive push broom!...there are weak points maybe around the other fences...never a problem before, but now she knows other side of the fence is outside!, and she'll likely test things....even an eight foot fence is no deterrent to a dog that knows how to take a running leap, catch their paws on the top, and chin up themselves over...most of the fence is eight feet or more...this new section will be six...and after watching youtubes of dogs jumping fences, I have concerns!...Hanh and Hi helped all day...I just let Hi take over, as I thought he might...

DavidDavid

No comments: