Tuesday, November 7, 2017

OTI:one pic, notes, one poem:11/7/17

Notes: kept trying to size to fit on the page Phalarope and Phalarope's reflection...using a 5x8 140 lb watercolor notebook page...and couldn't do it...erased away the pencil under drawing like four times...that's why there's no feet...Phalarope is standing in water...from Cement River post pic...gobbled up much time today trying to figure out what happened to the notes stored on my iphone 4's notepad...apparently they are synched with my yahoo mail account...and in the troubles trying to update my old iphone 4 to keep pace with yahoo's security updates, I deleted my yahoo account on the phone...this broke the sync, and the notes disappeared...a lot of them anyway...like from June on back...which is sad...as I had a lot of miscellaneous things there I never posted...the ones I worked up and posted, from the routine of writing on the notepad and emailing them to myself, I think I still have all those, in my yahoo account I access from my windows 7 laptop...I still have my yahoo mail archive...that goes back a very long way...I think...haven't looked in awhile...oh...have to check that too!...and the posts to google blog are still okay....and I had another back up...a forward to a second yahoo account...but if yahoo gets to messing around someday with updates that affect old windows on old computers, I'll lose a lot of stuff...if I could re-do on the phone the old yahoo email and its 'account' my notes would reappear, or so it's said...problem is I can't with the old phone...on newer ones that works, if by mischance one deletes an email account and finds their notepad notes gone...I need to just make hardcopies of everything as I go along...a poem...ending keeps wobbling about...'until then, you'll take your lumps'...was it, then, 'as you, and anyone that risks' I added...then looked up 'lump'...it's not 'bump' which was my notion...oh it is...but 'lump' by itself is really a 'word'!...four letter words are charming for their succinctness!...so, 'lump' it 'is'...

Open Mic

Oh,
Everyone and anyone
Is invited
So long as you
Patronize the patron,
Buy a beer, a snack,
Something, anything--
A piece of chocolate cake.
And there you are,
It don't matter if you're gawdawful,
Applause will announce
Your arrival,
And given in assessement
At your conclusion--patter.
The sincere are shy, you know,
Given to gracious politeness.
Someday maybe
When you walk out,
Guitar case in hand,
Into the columned night streets,
Someone you didn't know
Will follow
With a pen and a number--a new fan.
Until then,
You, and anyone,
Is a lump.
 
DolphinWords
 
:)
 
DavidDavid

No comments: