Friday, November 3, 2017

OTI:one pic, notes:11/3/17


Notes: Two Golden Slippers were about the fishing dock across from the Pavilion where the ferry takes one from the Peninsula to Balboa Island...had the 70-300 with...ink drawing from pic...been awhile since I've taken critter pics...there was a grey seagull that was crying like birds do to get their parent to disgorge some food, and the parent was an adult all white seagull, I think...and the white gull did up chuck some worms and stuff and then flew off...grey gull was left alone, and I wondered if they were even paired...I never see Seagulls nesting, or young seagulls, by young I mean small, like ducklings...do they all go to Mono Lake for mating and rearing!?...brb...cant find that, but someone in San Diego complained of a seagull nest in their chimney...search turned up that prior to 2010 there were no Osprey nests in Southern California...I'll have to make the rounds and see if the one I saw and posted is still about...when the Golden Slippers came to where the gulls were, and an OC Sheriffs boat came racing by, I lost track of the grey gull...kinda cloudy afternoon...got a nice pic of the boat...and a reference photo of the Pavilion...a pen and ink of the Pavilion is de rigor for any artist in Town!...along with a plein air of main beach in Laguna...bit shy about going about that one...cheeseburger and fries at Ruby's at Pier's End...churro at the ferry...hot tea at grocery next to the hot dog stand where ferry reaches Balboa...riding along the Peninsula, I wondered why I've always liked it so much...well, of course the ocean...but, those folk are all ridiculously rich...and that maybe why too...crowded patio three stories up with view overlooked my photo efforts...that, and there's always a cute girl attendant on the ferry...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: