Monday, November 6, 2017

OTI:one pic, notes:11/6/17

Notes: 'over the centuries Chinese and Japanese art was stylistic' I posted yesterday, and, so, checking my own veracity, I was looking at google images 'Japanese art'...and happened on 'Boats At Shinegawa--Night'...'Oh!, my one mast one sail, and much more!'...Tsuchiya Koitsu the artist I copied from...he has some more that are a fit, and I'll lift...one with a bunch of arrows flying about over a fallen horse in battle is remarkable...mine is 8x10 on illustration board done with Chinese brushes and india ink...shrunk down, my clumsiness is lessened, which is actually something illustrators depend on...make things big, and then reduce them...awkward things tend to fall out...there are two Black Ships...I was working quick so as to have time to roll over to the Gypsy Den for open mic night for the guitarists...routine of late on Monday night....Ships aren't worked up enough...was totally preoccupied keeping the moon just white paper...all the whites and light greys problematic...transparent watercolorists often use masking fluid...which I find too sticky to apply with the brush right...I worked from light to dark, and the dark areas kept getting darker...totally lost the second ship...Medea...Liz in foreground...thought at first to do it in black and white acrylic...I could see all the steps...but I didn't have time...found the pic on a late afternoon browse after a nap!...brb...
Image result for japanese art

...knockdown woodblock print...small sail in front an experiment...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: