Monday, July 2, 2018

OTI:three pics, notes:7/2/18

Open To Interpretation







Notes:..I figured it out!...lol...how the Inca's wrote...well, all of them...Moche, Nasca, Chimu...the Andeans...it is 'hidden in plain sight' in yesterday's post...this post 49th in a series...see previous...I could be wrong...and this a complete whimsy...but consider!...it's 4am...after I got home from the Carah Faye show at the Morrocan Lounge in LA last night, I fed Maya my dog, had a snack, checked my usual routine on my tablet, news, email, and such...and fell asleep really quick!...not having much sleep previous day, woke up, then fell right back asleep quick...kind of scary I was so tired!...no sooner close my eyes, than 'bonk', off to dreamland...woke up again and thought to browse...I'm at an age when one has this: awake I want to stay awake, asleep I want to stay asleep, thing...:)...anyway, going to these dive bar concerts can be an ordeal...lots of standing around...first, being in line to get in, then waiting for the performers...each has to set up their stage...and usually delays...I get worn out just standing in place...arrived at the Morrocan right at 7:30, after parking and a walkabout to find a place to snack beforehand...expensive Japanese restaurant...one orders ones food in pieces..entre, salad, vegetables...each portion with prices more than I pay for a whole meal!...this part of LA is woefully run down...900s East 1st Street...but like over at the Regant, some old buildings have been renovated into nice modern lofts and shops and apartments and such...and artists' lofts...pic on top is one of these...during a break in performers, I would go for a walk...played some pinball in a pinball video game place...I'm so a fish out of water on these LA forays!...I'm like a hundred years older than everyone...hmmph...so, on one walk, I'm a little lost finding my way back, and look up at that wall...Tocapus!...and Tocapus faithfull to that asymmetry symmetry I went on and on about yesterday!...and was contemplating walking about, driving to LA too...artist must have known his Inca!..."what in the world are you going on about, DavidDavid?"...well, look at this from my 4am browse...

quote

The quipo did not record information in graphic signs for words, but rather a kind of three dimensional binary code similar to languages of today's computers.

String and Knot, Theory of Inca Writing

John Noble Wilford
New York Times
Aug. 12, 2003

unquote

that, that's kind of what I was thinking yesterday...when I posted the Google doodle of the binary codes, 1s and 0s, for the letters in google...I called it one of my 'stepping stones'...a prompt...and beneath it I posted a textile with tocapus...and by serendipity, I thought, editing the post, and thinking on it, that textile has like a bar code of 1s and 0s, I thought...brb...

beginning of yesterday's post

Notes: game on...on the radio...soon I think...9:30?...interviews and chat on now...googles doodle for today...first stepping stone!...

Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz's 372nd Birthday
I'll grab one from that link...

Image result for Chilean Museum of Pre-Columbian Art

http://treeinthedoorvideo.blogspot.com/

unquote

lol...the lyrics for that song that goes 'Xs and Os' just popped into my head!...brb...

quote

One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
'Cause I'm the best baby that they never gotta keep
One, two, three, they gonna run back to me
They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave
Ex's and the oh, oh, oh's they haunt me
Like ghosts they want me to make 'em all
They won't let go
Ex's and oh's

Ex's & Oh's

unquote

lol...anyway, let me read more of the NY Times story...wanted to get quote into this post before I might get shut out of article!...Times has a pay wall...one gets a few free reads a month, then the wall descends!...brb...I hand copied the quote from my tablet...trying to access it on my computer, I hit the pay wall...so can't copy paste...the article doesn't say the textiles, the tocapus, the tocapu tunics, are like a 'ledger'...the term the author uses...but he is so close to saying it!...and it is in 'plain sight' that the textiles are ledger like...one above has the over all designs in rows of six (these can go diagonally too!), and then the details of the designs have 'Xs and Os'...remember my saying there was something about how distinctive finger and toe nails are in the designs?...especially Nasca pottery...for somtime...there are some kind of counts, ledgering going on, in all the details...that one above has a bar code look in the figures wings(?)...and if you get to counting them, or noting alternating colors, number, whatever...it looks to be a coding...I don't think the weavers came to these asymmetries symmetries just because of the nature of the weaving...it's a deliberate coding...it shows up on the pottery too...so, so, what more to say?...could be very much more to say!...decoding the Inca's writing in their encoded textiles...but I'm not a code breaker...here, the Inca King's Tunic shows really well what I'm going on about!...

quote



each letter in google doodle has eight notations, either a 1 or 0...so there is a constraint...for letters, maybe other things too...I don't know computer code...in an 8 letter container, there's likely an infinity of arrangement of 0s and 1s...I think that's what 8-bit might refer too...for sometime!...anyway, in the tunic, each row is a container...across or down, I dunno...I've thought both, even diagonally...clearly, if my thought has merit, the Inca code is more elaborate than 0s and 1s!...but, if one assigns a number to each tacapu design, you can see the number will repeat in different patterns inside the containment of the rows...if this is all so, it could be wonderfully difficult to fathom!...tommorrowmorrow I'll give each a number, and see how this notion plays out...I have to wonder if someone(s) are on to this...the Times article is back in 2003, and is so close to suggesting the ledgering in the textiles similar to what it describes for the quipos...something I read, and noted about the quipos, is that they were in two resgisters...a top register with totals, and the lower longer strings and knots with the summing and detailing of the totals...the textiles have registers...there's a possible huge complexity in the quipos if the are writing...some don't look like just numbering...the knots have different twists, the strings different lengths between knots, the strings different colors, even in one string...that complexity looks like the complexity of the textiles!...searches don't show up anything yet like 'inca textiles decoded'...I did find a few about scholars studying the tocapus for meaning...but I don't recall anyone putting the textile side by side with the quipos side by side with modern bar codes and computer language of 0s and 1s!!!...Carah Faye is a marvel...many Xs and Os from her fans for her last night!...I think Angels play tomorrow, check that, today...so to be continued in the 'game on...on the radio' thenabout!

:)

DavidDavid


No comments: