Saturday, June 29, 2019

OTI:notes:6/29/19

Open To Interpretation

Pillows

Notes:  Game on...on the radio...Athletics and Angels...well, I think I have it, World of Warcraft, WOW, is downloading to the new laptop, an ACER Nitro 5, kind of the low end of gaming computers that will work, that are up to speed enough to play World of Warcraft...I played so long on my Toshiba Satellite, oh, it has an Intel I-3, the new one has an Intel I-5...I gather from reading WOW's list of specks, and from watching youtubes about such, I still don't have enough speed...speed is the Intel I-7...but, Blizzard says I-5 will work...Angels turn a double play with bases loaded...to bottom of fourth...new computer is pretty...all black, with red backlit keys, and a few highlights...my funds are in shock...I used a usb transfer cable, and read how to transfer the launcher...I transferred all the files in the file it was in...and, transfered the game, which I began...then a tangle...Trout up...I left it running, and when I came back, it went to sleep, and looked to have shut down too...so I brushed the mouse pad, and it came back on, it was just sleeping, and a window came up warning a transfer was in progress...and I miss clicked on it...'yes' stopped the transfer, or something...so, stuck not knowing how to get it going again...and I turned it off, and back on, and it asked for my password to enter the computer, which I had just made, and didn't write down with all the other passwords and security responses, and, fortunately on a guess that I used, an old favorite password, and that worked...so in business...I clicked on other things when the first launcher didn't work...I thought to abandon the program transfer...if I could get a launcher to work, Blizzard would take care of the rest...and, after some hiccups, that happened...I clicked on some kind of launcher, and Blizzard came up and asked for my name and password for my account...some more hiccups...and the whole WOW program files began downloading...there about a quarter of the way after twenty minutes...which doesn't seem right...those files can take all night...but there is no hurry, and progress is in progress!...success when I'm up and back in the game!...Angels made out...to top of fifth...set the computer to not shut off for four hours...so, I think, if a few hours from now, the download is still going, I can just touch the mouse pad, and it will continue...August 27 the early version of WOW is coming back...Vanilla it is referred to...I began playing after it, but a lot of its style was still in place...late in theBurning Crusade I think is when I began...all the program discs buried somewhere in storage...I began in the third expansion...anyway, my old laptop being free of the transfer now, I can use it...As score...As 1-0...nothing playing the game in Vanilla was easy...which, ironically, is why it is missed...and the irony of Vanilla players, is that they were always bragging about how fast they could level, and because at higher levels the game becomes more interesting, leveling quickly and keeping up with your friends became a thing...Blizzard interpreted this as a sign it should make leveling easier, getting gear easier, getting into dungeons and raid and such, easier...got to the point they offered a new player one toon at the current highest level, or near that...given a 90 when 100 is the next level...and old school players were outraged...rewards they acquired after grinding for months, new players could reach in a few days...and the new players lacked experience playing, so, well, things became a tangle, and many players unsubscribed...myself, my computer was slow, and my phone wire connection made things slower...but, now I have optical phone line...and too a new computer!...which were a grind to get in the real world...I haven't played the game in like four years, but have kept my subscription, loathe to lose the toons I made!...there's 36 gigabytes to go, so, yeah, it's going to take all night...just like when I first downloaded the game...the dvd discs just had launchers, or just part of the program, if I remember right...As made out...Angels made out...As 3-0...to top of sixth...WOW is really the only video game I've ever played...I don't know if I could adapt to another one...and most are so, I don't know, raucous, shoot 'm ups with blood and gore--kids'stuff...WOW has the noise and fury too, but it's for everyone...Disneyesque...As runner over slides second base and gets tagged out, and injured in the slide too..to bottom of sixth...paid forty bucks for the transfer cable...with hindsight, I could have used a small storage device, put the launcher on it, and from that to the new computer, and reached where I am now...as many youtube diy on this that I watched, none made this route clear...I still have lots to move off computers, all my Valley pics that filled up like three of them, so the transfer cable will see use...I'll get a big storage backup, so I can have them all in one place...Trout lines out...to top of seventh...the new computer only has 250 gigabytes of storage...Blizzard recommends 1 Terabyte...23 gigs to go...and green the download bar, so I could play now...wait a bit...I had a bit of a post to do!...in January, Windows 7 will be ended, no more updates to it...and 7 is all my Toshiba can use...pillows...

quote

Shu Headrest-Cairo Museum

http://www.ancientpages.com/2018/06/18/why-did-ancient-egyptians-use-pillows-made-of-stone/

unquote

I got to thinking about pillows...this from reading about a Japanese custom of putting a woodblock paper print under their pillows to ward off bad dreams...and remembered the distinctive shape of Egyptian headrests/pillows...Ohtani up...and thought, 'wait, that's a moon motif'...then, seeing the likes of the above pic, with the lions of yesterday and tomorrow, that represent the two horizons of morning and night, or two mountains with sun between, I thought, wait, with one's head between them, one's head would relate to the Sun...what a neat conceit, and it is exactly what the Egyptian's thought...Angels make out...to top of eighth, As 4-0...

quote

 The most beautiful example is a headrest belonging to Tutankhamun, whose column has been replaced by a depiction of the god Shu, lifting up the head, identified with the sun. On either side of him are two lions, which have been identified as Aker or the lion pair Ruty, the personification of yesterday and today, or Shu and Tefnut.

http://www.globalegyptianmuseum.org/glossary.aspx?id=174

unquote

quote

The motifs used in decorating a headrest can also contribute to this. Many cultures know of a relation between the headrest and the sun.
Headrests can carry inscriptions, wishing the user a good sleep or pleasant dreams. They can also evoke dreams, play a part in divination practices or mediate between the living and the ancestors. They can also keep away bad dreams and evil in general.

https://www.alexanderancientart.com/1072.php

quote

 Because of its supportive nature, the headrest was associated with the solar cult. It held the head, which like the sun, was lowered in the evening and rose again in the morning. A headrest from the tomb of Tutankhamun illustrates this imagery. On the base are the two lions of the horizon and the god of the air Shu upholds the cup for the head. A painting in the Book of the Dead owned by the scribe Ani portrays the solar barque on a stand. The shape of the stand and the bottom of the boat form the shape of hieroglyphic headrest.

http://www.egyptianmyths.net/headrest.htm

unquote

that about the boat is something I've seen but didn't note...depiction of the solar boats always portray them with a crescent hull, like the headrest...in literature criticism there is a name for this when meanings overlap...As make out...to bottom of eighth...14 gigs to go on the download...Angels made out...to top of ninth...oh, I've lost a link...it was to about a Japanese notion of dreams taking place on a boat...

quote

BEHAVIOR: Makuragaeshi gets it is named for its primary activity: flipping pillows. People who sleep in a room haunted by a makuragaeshi often wake up to find that their pillow has been flipped and is now at their feet. Makuragaeshi are also known for other minor pranks, such as running through ashes and leaving dirty footprints around the rooms they haunt.

http://yokai.com/makuragaeshi/

unquote

As made out...top of the order up...well, I cant find what I read this morning...to keep the pillow movers away, and other nightmare creatures, one places a woodblock print under one's pillow, or some such...wait...search: Japanese tooth fairy...found it with 'woodblock print under pillow Japanese'...lol...

quote

In Japanese folklore, the Takarabune (宝船), or "Treasure Ship", is a mythical ship piloted through the heavens by the Seven Lucky Gods during the first three days of the New Year. A picture of the ship forms an essential part of traditional Japanese New Year celebrations.
... ... ...
A picture of the ship forms an essential part of traditional Japanese New Year celebrations.[2] According to custom, placing a Takarabune woodblock print beneath a pillow on the night of 2 January may induce a lucky dream – a sign that the year to come will be fortunate. In the event of an unpleasant dream, the print may be disposed of by tossing it into a river.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takarabune

...found it...Takarabune...As made out, to bottom of ninth...Ohtani up...I think Trout reached first...Ohtani K...there's two 'things' in that quote...the seven lucky gods, and the three days...for sometime...K...and that is how the ball game ends...As 4-0...hmmph...download done...ready to PLAY...report for to tomorrowmorrow!

:)

DavidDavid





No comments: