Sunday, June 30, 2019

OTI:notes,onepic:6/30/19

Open To Interpretation
















Ten nine eight and I'm breaking away,
I'm all dressed up and ready to play.

Don't Cry Out--Shiny Toy Guns


Notes:  Game on...on the radio...Athletics and Angels...top of first...As lead off batter up...fly out to right...123,123, to top of second...As score...As 1-0...one down...I wanted to take some kind of sun dial pic on June 21st, the summer solstice...but, overcast...it's been sunny the last few days, but I forgot my notion, and caught myself today...pic taken at 12:40 PM about...the ancients, the ancient ancients, must have had trouble captioning just what a shadow is!...everything in the day to day was a mystery, though the core being of all life on Earth seems to know exactly what is going on...lots of animals are sensitive to sun shadows...Picket Pins (a High Sierra squirrel)likely sensitive to Hawk's shadow the way we are to screeching breaks at a stop light...shadows are like prints...the pic above a print...like animal tracks...an abstract 'caption' of the thing casting the shadow...with lasers now shadows can be cast on the moon, and an odd thought, if the beam of light on earth is blocked, how fast does the shadow disappear on the moon?....seems the usual speed of light, but a caption is the 'shadow no shadow' happens instantaneously...

quote

I'm just a layman with no real science background
(a) I'm not really sure what a shadow is. Some people are saying that it's the absence of something (a photon?) and therefore it is not subject to laws of physics. But I know when I'm in a shadow and when in sunlight... that's "information", and I thought that information flow can't break the speed of light limit.

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/335537/can-a-shadow-move-faster-than-the-speed-of-light/335573

unquote

hmmph...I dunno...this whole line of thinking has been done, a lot, for a long long time!...

quote

Plato has Socrates describe a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall from objects passing in front of a fire behind them, and give names to these shadows. The shadows are the prisoners' reality. Socrates explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall are not reality at all, for he can perceive the true form of reality rather than the manufactured reality that is the shadows seen by the prisoners.
... ... ...
They discovered the sun, which Plato uses as an analogy for the fire that man cannot see behind. Like the fire that cast light on the walls of the cave, the human condition is forever bound to the impressions that are received through the senses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

unquote

skin darkens under bright sunlight, lightens when it is always cloudy...clearly our senses know more than we think we know!...anyway...Angels made out...to top of third...Success...right after the game last night, I took to my bunk, propped the new gaming lap top up on my stomach and folded legs, and hardly moved until the sun came up...I made a Mage toon and did exactly what I did the first time I played wow...back then, I figured out how the mouse moved my toon/avatar, and took off walking on a road...and went off road into a forest...and, a mangy wolf got me, and sent me to a weird scene...to wow players, an all too familiar greyed out graveyard scene..but, the screen said click accept to resurrect...which I did...walked a few feet, and was promptly waylaid by another mangy wolf...back to the grave yard...I resurrected a few times more, and reached a point where it was said I had to wait six minutes for another resurrection...I have no idea how the Hindus and Pythagoreans react to this...but it must be a kind of knowing know!...anyway, then I learned to retrace my step to where my corpse was, and 'accept' appeared, and I noted I could go forward a bit from where I was while still a ghost (all the surroundings are greyed out when in this condition). and doing so, I'd hit accept, and, success!...I could go forward, and eventually found some safety on the road...I had no idea I had a weapon to fight with, a hearth stone to take me to my home. away from any trouble...I just dove in, and all I had to go on was the movement keys, forward and back ward...and through a combination of staying on the roads, and graveyard crawling, all the while calculating where a mangy wolf, spiders, horde giant orcs, rock people might be...they meander, and agro when you get near them...agro is like your invisible aura, shadow...they sense it!...Trout with a long out...to top of fourth...and when they sense you they run to you, making to fight...if you know how to use your weapon, you have a chance...without knowing what to do, I died, a lot...in inchworm fashion I made it a good ways past Black Rock Pass...visited Black Rock, peeked at the foundry lava scene, fell in the lava outside...and went past that a long ways...I was entirely lost...but after a bit I figured out how to graveyard crawl my way back the way I came...back in the woods on the road I came upon a street sign, and found my way back to Goldshire, the place where Mages begin...so, last night, I did  exactly same thing, made a Mage, and pretended I didn't know anything...and, I may as well not have pretended!...I forgot how to left click the hearth stone to get back, and on finding a flight path station (like a little airport with winged Griffins) in the Burning Steppes, found I didn't have any money for the fare, not having killed anything for loot!...I was stuck for real, unless I just exited the game and deleted the toon I made...fortunately, the six minute delay on the time dead in the graveyard has been shut off...otherwise, I'd still be in the Burning Steppes!...after an hour or two, I was back in Goldshire, and commenced leveling...got to level 8 by daylight...which is slow I know, but I fooled around a lot, and even forgot Goldtooth's cave is above his mine...and Hogger didn't appear...a disappointment...As scored a run...As 2-0...to bottom of fourth...Ohtani up...outahere...Shoetime!...Angels 2-1...playing without weapons was a good thing...how things go came back...I use keybindings now for everything...didn't touch a mouse last night...just used the key pad...a keybind is when one assigns a key to a weapon, or something...a standard is: W-forward; Tab-target an enemy...and so forth...for a long time I used a mouse for movement, and clicking on weapons' and things' icons to activate them...the new computer is noisy, and gets hot...don't know but my old Toshiba Satellite, which had an Intel I-3 chip, the standard for wow back then, I suspect, worked just as well as this new Acer Nitro 5 with I-5...lots of on and ons about gaming computers, much like the on and ons about the pros and cons of being a 'clicker' or a 'key binder'...I much prefer now the keybinds, and if I can figure out how to tilt the scene with keyboard/mouse pad, I'll abandon mouse clicking all together!...As scoring runs in buckets...As 5-1...bottom of fifth...Bour fly out...Fletcher up...two down...Guerno up..three down...to top of sixth...sleepy...time for a nap...I'll update final score!...oh...bottom of sixth...Lastella up leading off, and his second hit...great, Lastella going to all star game as reserve!...Trout and Lastella going together...Trout up...bloop hit...Ohtani up...K...Ohtani might go to home run derby at the all star game...Upton up...fly out...Calhoun up...base hit...As 5-2...update: As win...As 12-3...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: