Monday, May 10, 2010

Two Top Pine






Paddled out early...Does and Three Fawns on the Path behind the Rooms...pics....DownyOrHairy Woodpecker Pair at Ozone Beach...River has gone down....cooler temps....Frazzle in the Current....at Two Top Pine Meadow, I was drawn out as far as I could to Two Top Pine..Ponds in the way...thought I saw Big Wings chase after Raven and then light in Two Top....no luck, but then I saw the Sky, and went all thumbs...Sunlight was about briefly, then the Clouds moved over the Valley to Half Dome, and everything shaded....Mallard resting in the Pond below Two Top...Ravens flew to it...pics...Mallard flyby pics...oh...I should put one up...the Scorched Forest was the background, as later..see clip!...paddled back for Breakfast...Bluebird Pair by the Rooms...far pic....and back to the Cabin...slept 'till two!...Shuttled over to check Mail...word processing software came...Shuttled back to fiddle with it awhile...Shuttle drivers hereabout have a store of quotes...windowwatching the Rain going by Camp 4..."I saw the Storm and Hastened to Meet it...."....thought on that later, and closed up the computer, Raingeared up, with the 20x and waterproof, and paddled out the same route as in the Morning....Juncos at Ozone Beach...Sprinkling when I stepped out...Rainy at Ozone....and when I got to Two Top Pine Meadow, it was RainSnow...Wind blown horizontal!...see clip...very cool...Raingear is all black, and returned to Last Chance for Dinner covered in RainSnow and dripping...over Dinner, during talkabout with friend, looked outside, and the Sun was shining....the RainSnow and Wind had been the tail end of the Front...beginning and ending of Storms hereabout are often blustery....this one a bit more!...walking between the Pines seemed problematic!....picked up...thought to go back to Two Top, but Pink Clouds over Half Dome, so went thataway...Light almost gone....might have missed a Rainbow during Dinner...I keep forgetting this opportunity in Evening Rain Showers!....pics and clips in the fading light..."as it is in Storms that Nature shows Her Splendors"--Muir....I'll have to ask the driver where that one is, as I cant search it up...Muir was fond of using words 'hasten' and 'splendor'!....still some Storm to come...warning for five pm to five am...and a light bit of Snow coming down as I post....from the Shuttle, Does and Fawns in the Oak Grove...at Dinner, my friend reminisced about an Italian restaurant in Paris and the mayonnaise they served...so I offered to google it, and see, and and stumbled on some words to use in search for oil spill thoughthobby....surfactants...anyway, I found this:
quote
The method consists of flowing a water-oil mixture containing entrained gas through a deep bed of fine particles and coalescing the oil internally of the bed into globules of a size incapable of passing through the interstices of the bed.
unquote

hmmph..."Oil-in-water emulsions are common in food."

No comments: