Saturday, July 31, 2010

Red Crossbill










After late Breakfast, paddled back to the Creek and sat awhile by Duck Harbor...quiet....picked up and sat awhile on the Fallen Log in front of the Deer House...quiet too...scenic pic, with tourists all along the Paths....sunny hot blue..a breeze rustling the Cottonwoods, the Oaks, the Pines, the Meadow...often these days there is a breeze...at Lunch: paddled out to Ozone Beach and the Fallen Cedar, and sat awhile...Song Sparrows, Black Phoebe, thereabout...Blue Jay call back in the Woods...walked back to looksee, but quiet, and back to work...pics up are from Monday afternoon....I hiked out Lyell Canyon about five miles, to the start of the Trail that goes to Lake Ireland...twice before I've passed this area, once on way to Devil's Postpile, second on way to Lake Ireland, and both times thought to camp....amongst the Trees, third pic down, are scattered campsites...the days of just camping any old place are kinda gone...it's recommended to use established sites...I set up the Tent, and thought to sleep, but was so tired from no sleep the night before, that I wasn't really that sleepy...so I walked about a bit, and found the Red Crossbill right where Ireland Creek reaches the Tuolumne...this area is really cool...a new Bird sighting for me...and I missed the forgotten tripod...with the mini scope I could have gotten a very good clip...as it is, farfar away blurry clip and pics...I walked back to the Meadow, and found a place beside the River, with a wide long view, second pic, and took a nap...opened my eyes, and Three Does were browsing in the distance...took some pics, and walked out, and took some more, but all far away...took some Marmot pics too.....sat awhile and watched, until the Canyon was in shade....picked up, and back at the Tent, had tuna fish and crackers, being careful not to spill on the Sleeping Bag and Tent!....put things away, and just gazed out the Tent as Sunlight faded...thought to read the book I brought, Lady with a Spear, and listen to the ipod, and, I just went to sleep!....and too early for my usual sleep time, and woke up...Moon and Stars out, and Coyotes howling...three I think...and the sound of the River....more tomorrow....

No comments: