Sunday, July 4, 2010

Western Wood-Pee





















Path Equestrian pic from very short morning walk...morning was taken up with making reservation for Tent in Tuolumne, and errands...I'd forgotten the option of getting a Tent...usually they are all taken, but in the opening week, a small chance for one...so, a real treat tomorrow!....sunny blueblue hot....at Lunch: paddled to Ozone Beach....sat on the Boulder, but tourists jumping into the Merced, so moved over to the Ponderosa View of Half Dome...usually thereabout I sit on the Roots, but High Water washed up a Log to sit on too....Mosquitoes fewer...or....the number of Tourists has equalized with the number of Mosquitoes, making a sorta 'relief'....hmmph...anyway, I've begun to suspect Black Phoebe atop Phoebe's Willow might be a Western Wood Pee-wee, a Little Bird I dont have pics of...or seen, oh, but that's the dilemma, some of the Little Birds I've thought are Phoebe's may have been Pee-Wees...their silhouette is much alike, and that's often all I see of Phoebe atop a Branch back lit...so Ive been trying to get a pic of Phoebe on the Willow, which I've still to do, but returning, I sighted what I do think is Pee-Wee....pic up....I may be confusing their calls too...the call I hear is the 'breeee' I think described in Sibley, or the 'hoarse 'peeer' in Laws--which is Pee-wee.....behaviorally, it makes sense Black Phoebe is atop the Willow--'open areas, near water'.....Sandpiper, Song Sparrow, Robin, Grosbeak, Violet Greens, Mallard Flyby, about...by 'about' I mean I've seen, or heard....un-captioned pics or clips are often as close to being accurate as I can be!....Happy Fourth!

No comments: