Thursday, July 15, 2010

Willow Bear













Slept in, did some laundry, dealt with the dishevelment....sunnyhotblue...at Lunch: nearing Ozone Beach, I happened on some commotion...Bear had just been about, after picnickers' Cooler...and rangers were searching with their dowsing rod radio antennae...I took a seat on Ozone Boulder, and joked to the ranger, 'I think I'll just sit and wait for Bear!', rather than the usual tourist pursuit, and ranger pointed over toward Phoebe's Willow, with Phoebe atop, and there was Bear, sauntering out of the Trees and Bushes....Bear came over to us on the Path, and looked to take an interest in me, see clip, and I told the ranger as much, and that I'd leave off taking pics and clips, and move back, which he thought a good idea...me too!....Bear went back out towards Two Top Pine Meadow, I think, and there was shagged with the bangitybang....I've seen tourists set up Tables and eat outside behind the Rooms, once right on the Beach with a portable Table, and with so many Trees and Heavy Brush about, its not a good circumstance....at the Campground and Picnic Areas, its more open, and Bears can be spotted.....friend I took on the Wild Owl Chase took pics of Bear with the Cooler...May Lake report continuance tomorrow...Bear 75, El Cap, I saw awhile ago out by El Cap....oh!, a few posts back I mused on the curio of Soda Springs, lamenting I had heard no adequate explanation, and today in talkabout, heard an explanation, lifted from a new book about the Park's geology 'underfoot'....seems a connection with the co2 emissions at Mammoth, and bulging Lava Domes....will look for the book tomorrow....

Oil Spill: Well, if the new cap works as well as it seems to be, I see no reason why not to just hook it up to riser pipe, and make it an operating well. Maybe it could pay for the mess, the unholy, unmitigated, mess...

No comments: