Friday, December 24, 2010

Half Dome Mallards





After Breakfast, hopped on the Shuttle....driver friend noted I didn't have my tripod...'There's time...'...so I hurried to the Cabin, gathered the tripod, and shuttled over to the Village....and paddled back to Bobcat Meadow, to Flicker Grove by the Hummock Ponds, and everything was there where I left off yesterday--Mallards, Reflections, and photogs about....set up, pre focused and composed...thought was to begin a clip on Half Dome's Reflection, and Mallards would approach from off camera, and the ripples would gently move the reflection, and then Mallards would glide through the reflection....I waitedwaitedwaited...Mallards had gone off into the Shallows amongst the Hummocks to forage....and I waitedwaitedwaited...and the scene began to happen, Mallards paddling over to where I was....I was set, I was prepared....and the sd card was full!...I made a desperated attempt to delete something to make room, but looking up, I saw Mallards serenely gliding through the reflection...I was disappointed...anyway, I followed Mallards about, and did get clips, which are ok...for one I waited like twenty minutes for a contrail to move out of the scene...but they're not the one I missed!...sigh...see clip, which on review, is just fine!....sunny hazy blueblue, cool to warm, another storm tomorrow.....and Merry Xmas!!!

2 comments:

yosemite faith said...

more wonderful photos. hope you and all of yosemite valley had a wonderful christmas.

Unknown said...

Merry christmas, David!