Saturday, August 20, 2011

Deer




Well, after two late night efforts, the first night a struggle that nearly diverted the whole thing, I finally mounted four pics on mat board, which was supposed to be maybe a different board, but was white, and the pics are kinda out of line, two more than kinda, but they're clean and good prints, and, anyway, I rolled down to Mariposa early this morning, and delivered the pics for the Fair, at the wrong time.."I have to work tonight."..."Oh, okay, bring them in, and I'll deliver them..."...a kindly recpetionist!!!...just before Gates of the Valley, sighted Two Bucks and Two Does wading across the Merced...pulled over, and good opportunity for pics in the Morning Light, but just a few pics...time....on return sighted one ro Doe, and Big Wings, Redtail I think, almost flew into Silver's Windshielf...sunny blueblue hot, bit of smoke in the Canyon..friend report Redtail perched on captured Squirrel aside the Road in Oakhurst...'woouldn't move for anything!"..."Yes, Hawk is like that!"

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Yesterday I really wanted to see some deer...so as a passenger I eyes the hills carefully as we left home. I often see them, but hadn't lately so I decided I needed to pay more attention. Not a tawny friend was spotted, but instead twelve or so wild turkeys...
thanks for these dear deer this morn.