Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where Bluebirds Fly




Around Noon, rolled up to Tuoumne...visited with friends at the Store...W. about!....tried on some new boots...I have just bought, first one brand, than another, two low top boots and tried to use them at work..but the right shoe of both brands is a smidgeon too short...usually I can purchase a size thirteen boot and the fit is just right...I have a kinda standard size thirteen. both length and width...but I had this happen with some cross country boots that were gauged with european sizes, and I'm wondering if this is what's happening...boots now are europeans sizes with closest standard size stamped on them...anyway, tried on a right boot, and...'no. that dont fit'...for hiking I've purchased the same style hitec leather high top waterproof boots for the past eight years...I've gone through like five or six pair...usually I retire a pair and use it for work, but these boots are heavy, and for awhile now I have been wearing a pair of retired soloman low tops for work, which were a good fit...but now...I dont know what to do...go to a shoe store I guess and find out what size my foot is in the european gauge!....left boots are okay...just...a good fit is an important thing on long down hill hikes....anywayanyway...after the boot dilemma, I thought to get burger at the Grill, but too crowded...so at Store picked up tuna snack and orange juice and odwalla bar for out at the Meadow...thought to just sit at a favorite spot under small Lodge Poles, but along Marmot Road, Doe about...and after I crossed Sept. 15 Bridge, same Doe about by the Tuolumne out in the Meadow...pics and clips...found some shade by the River, and sat and waitedwaited...Doe came to drink and cross the River to the Far Shingle...and got some clips...but not what I hoped for...fun though to just watch Doe thereabout...followed back across the Bridge, and tourist gave headsup that Doe was by Soda Springs...Soda Springs Doe post for sometime!...on the way out Marmot Road, lots of Bluebirds and Finches, and I thought to see more in the Meadow, but quiet..snack not enough, and was hungry, so left off, and on return, Bluebirds and Finches still beside the Road..clip up was to have Finch, and Marmot, and even Deer, along with Blue Bird, but making the slow motion segment made clip really long (and knockdown!!!)...so Finches and Marmot and Doe for sometime..om roll down the hill, some Roadside Flower pics..lots of Flowers between Tenaya and White Wolf alongside Road...back in the Valley, time for an after Sunset walkabout in Owl Woods...quiet...One Mallard at Creek's End...and I was devoured by Mosquitoes...would have turned back, but when I glimpsed Mallard, I wasn't sure what Critter I sighted, so continued into no man's land to looksee!!....sunny blueblue hot, afternoon clouds a no show...

No comments: