Friday, August 26, 2011

no pics today

Power's out again...posting from Last Chance, which is on generator, and, Snow certainly isn't the cause this time, but the more usual one for this time a year--a Fire down in the Merced Canyon...sunny hothot blue, smokey in the afternoon...in the Morning, was on way to Breakfast early, and heard Bird call I didn't recognize over by Lower Falls...diverted, and tried very hard to sight...Bird perched here and there on Snags aways up Rocky Slope...I followed aways up in my flip flops,,,but couldn't get clear view..one far away pic...for tomorrow, if I dont get better..will listen again...on return, under the Perfect Dogwood, Mama Doe and Two Fawns...pic for sometime...brb....well...I looked about for Fire news, and overheard family next to me saying they were from El Portal, and have evacuated, though it is only now voluntary...and they say a full on effort is underway to fight the Fire....Fire is in maybe in the most rugged terrain thereabout (Foresta Bridge about).....

No comments: