Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten Mile River Dunes








Beside the Road. just before Ten Mile Bridge, at the Turn Out where I sighted Osprey with Fish, there were some interpretive Trail Signs (which are all over at Refuges and Parks and such, and make a kinda narrative on rollabouts--walkabouts hereabout too!), and when I left off with Ospreys, I went back to see what the Signs were about...now, by the Signs was a high and long Dune, and the Trail going over it, and when I reached the top of the Dune, well, it was like first seeing the Carizzo Plain!!...'here be critters', my thought...and indeed, all over the Sand, lots off Sand!, were lots of Small Critter Tracks, and in the distance, I sighted Hawk, Harrier, patrolling the Dunes near the Ocean...fafar away pics and clips....dont know when I'll get a close up pic of Harrier!...anyway, the Dunes are a wonder, a must stop and see on a roll along the Coast!...no pics today...sunny hot blue, little smokey...I was up all night playing WOW!....day off today, so no matter...and too wound up from work week for out and about...Summer Tme is exhausting!...tomorrowmorrow I'll gather the gear...

Link (Flower report from Tioga Road): http://naturalhistorywanderings.com/2011/08/08/yosemite-wildflower-update-8811/

No comments: