Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Blood Moon

Well, I made a post, this post being a copy from memory, and it just disappeared in front of me (here's link to google talk about this, which I cant follow--trouble I think is I linked to my old eclipse post, or the link to wiki goat head, which I didn't do this time...another thing to be wary of!...)...don't know what google is up to...or if even google knows...some glich...I linked it to facebook, but now that link comes back to jibberish text, and post is just gone from my list...did get message, very formal looking in the web blog view, that the post doesn't exist, but no recourse given...I dunno...but from memory: Update of previous post, see below: oh...it was tightly written, and I cant get it started again...this is real problem with writing poems if one doesn't capture...anyway....d ddd dd...I went out to the back step to have a snack in the middle of the night, as I often do, and feel the cooler night air, and looked up, and the eclipse was in progress--first third...I thought it was Wednesday Night, not....oh, after midnight Tuesday night, it is Wednesday night, sorta...so, I was a font of misinformation on the Pier...see below...as I often am, I'm afraid...anyway, I got all the cameras, and when the eclipse became full, I was having no luck hand holding the cameras, so got the spindly tripod, and not much better, and while adjusting and fiddling and being barefoot, I stepped on a goat head!...so intent I was, I ignored it, didn't even pull it out...but, but I was bleeding all over the place...blood for the Blood Moon!...somehow, I don't think the universe of stars and moons and planets winces over goat heads!... left off from the camera, sat in the tub with a wet towel, and fixed the puncture...returned and tried for more pics, but no luck...wounds, even small ones, are a concern when one ages as they heal slower and slower...anyway, while hopping about, adjusting and fiddling, a shooting star passed over, this at city sea level...maybe the universe does wince!...pic up is from previous eclipse...

No comments: