Friday, October 3, 2014

Leaping Dolphin





















Rolled out to 39's Beach, paddled to the Surf Line, settled in, and took a pic of a surfer paddling out, thinking he was likely the only subject...and...'did you get the pic??' a smiling passerby was asking...'huh?'...passerby was more animated than a paddling surfer called for...'the Dolphin flipping'...'oh!!!'...he pointed to where Dolphins were in the Surf Line...and I followed all the way past the Power Station...Dolphins were swimming about as fast as I walk, and so I could keep parallel...Dolphins surfaced now and then, and I kept looking for the now and then leaps...missed like three of them...Dolphins are just like surfers, and wait for the bigger wave sets...finally got Dolphin Leaping pic (no somersault though)...bit faraway and blurry...'s okay...I'll make a drawing or painting...I had almost left the 70-300 at home, but went back to check if computer was off, and brought camera and lens along, telling myself to be extra careful of sand and saltwater...and just a few pics after the leaping pic, the card filled up...all the Wedge pics are still on it, and I may retire that sd card, and use it for their storage...anyway, switched to the 50x, but Dolphins moved further out, and Sun was putting on the Sunset Show, so returned... Sanderlings running clip for sometime...sunny hot clear...almost did another book post and stayed home...but like to listen to the ballgame rolling to, and sitting at, the Ocean, so braved the heat...and it's tied again in the ninth as I write, like last night--Angels lost that one in eleven...Pujos needs to do a walkoff...nope..pop out...Kendrik...liner out to left...so on to tenth...

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

So glad the dolphins jumped up in your line of sight! What did yo do for them? A cry of delight? A hop, skip and jump? I think taking their pics counts...they probably thought that was pretty cool.

DavidDavid said...

Yes, I think posts and pics count!...I was editing while you were reading, I think, during tonight's post, which has a nice added tag end now! (Oct. 4 St. Frances Day)