Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Chicken

Chicken by the Donut Shop Pond

Chicken by the Donut Shot
(have clip of Chicken on the Road,
but not crossing...)

Neighborhood Brown Squirrel crossing the road...
building looming in the East is new hotel for new waterpark...

Pic from last visit to Beach...weeks ago now!...:(

Maya back from Vet...very sedated...thought I'd lost dog tag, and didn't
know I had pic of its whereabouts until yesterday upload of pics
over last few weeks!

Vet wanted the Cone of Shame on...it was on for like ten
minutes...fortunately, Maya didn't chew or lick wounds for
the two week recovery...'you have an excitable dog!'...vet's
assistant told me after last visit to take out stitches...Maya did
most of them her own self...

Water Slide/Park construction...Wolf something...they're
a nationwide chain

Harbor now is landscaped with Palms and such now all the way
from Disney to GG Blvd....very nice to see...Bus Benches upscaled!

Bus Stop across the street, and where I've often eaten...
like for decades!

Morning rest stop...

View of the tourist motels from Pond Park...



























































































































































I was in no man's land between the Life Guard Towers...Maya had left off from the beach flotsam and jetsam, and was starting in on chewing on my feet...at this point, I try to reach a pole, or the wood supports of the Towers, and clip the leash around these, and rescue myself...but I was stuck in the open stretch of sand...'no stop please' I commanded...begged...pleaded...but no use...Maya was jumping about now, as she does when in this mood, mouthing and nipping and trying to grab any loose shirt sleeves pant legs...and me...she's fine with a chomp, not so gentle...and her teeth so sharp, I'm often bloodied with small cuts...by then, the leash was tangled about me...so trapped and desperate, I gathered her in a bear hug, and dropped to the sand...bit like wrestling a crocodile...I'm agile enough I can escape her swinging nipping teeth...just...the mood will pass from her if she tires, I know, so was trying to outlast her...and finally was able to stand up...a couple walking on the beach applauded...always a bit embarrassed when this happens!...we haven't been back to the beach since, next day Maya went to vet for spay and dew claws, and I confined her to the porch room and backyard for two weeks--vets recommendation...I tried to keep her company in the porch room, but as she got back to being her normal self, that doesn't work out...she wants to play, and it's okay until the nipping and biting, and I retreat to the den room...but now, for the last week, I've gotten up at daybreak, and gotten the harness on her most days before she peps up...when she's sluggish in noon time heat, or from just waking up, I can get the harness on her...it's very tough to thread and snap when she begins wanting to tug of war with it...thought to leave it on her, but she works it off, and yesterday ate thru it...did that to another one I left within reach...everything within reach is her's!...she got bobcat framed pic off the wall, and destroyed it!...even the walls of the porch are being devoured...hmmph...but when all goes well, we've been going on the morning walks, mostly to the Donut Shop...the route is along West, a wide feeder street for the tracs, past the Pond Park, and the Pond to the Donut Shop...Maya is always at the end of her leash, picking things up...and I have to keep a look out, there's a lot of litter and trash along the route...and...and!...I made a discovery...Maya ate the old fiber fill sleeping bag I gave her to sleep on, and casting about for a replacement, I found my Mickey Mouse Sorcerer Blanket...and when laying it out for her on the porch, she wanted to play tug of war, and I could completely cover her with the blanket...and I thought, 'I'll carry a blanket with on the walks, and when the 'mood' comes over her, I can distract her with it'...and it works!...but not a blanket, just an old beach towel...I keep it around my neck, and when she goes for my feet, I drop it down...it's still tough, but better...this morning I put the new, the third!, harness on her okay, but just down the street, I saw it wasn't clipped right, one strap in front of her front leg, and I had to use the towel to lure her back to the house...hopeless to try and re-harness her...threw in the towel for this morning's walk!...she's out on the porch now banging about while I'm writing...I really can't ride in the car with her like I have been...she sit's on the passenger seat with a bungee restraint...she's getting too big...and too, I cant get her in the car...she's stubborn, and pulls away on the leash, sometime right out of the harness...I can lure her in with beggin bacons...she loves those!...but she's getting wise to those even...it's part of play to be stubborn, I understand...once in the car, she's fine, and happy to reach the beach or big parks...I bought a piano dolly from Home Depot...thought is to lure her into the carrier, put the carrier on the dolly, roll out to the white pick up truck, lift her and the carrier up into the covered truck bed...that'll work, but she'll be isolated from me in the back of the truck, and I don't want that...hmmm...that method will be a last resort...will keep trying to get her in Silver...:)...it's very nice now to be able to take her for walks...all the shots and vet things finished...and when funds recover, they took a big vet bill hit!, maybe some trips far and wide...

No comments: