Monday, June 1, 2015

Vermilion Flycatcher

yesterday evening
this evening update pic...V. has stick, thought it was bug...

same place both evenings

















(updated pics after text)  It was one of those sightings when I left the big lens camera behind, and regretted it!....I'd walked aways with Maya on the dirt jogging path at Mile Square Park, and for a rest, took a seat on a park bench, and looked over at the golf course...the sun was setting behind me, the colors all warmed, and while contemplating the absence of golfers on the golf course, Very Red Little Bird perched on the barb wire atop the chain link fence...'Oh!'...I had the D10 with, so got Vermilion Flycatcher snapshot--a new bird for me!...this yesterday evening...cloudy morning, clearing sunny wispy clouds warm clear evening...day after day weather has been same...and every evening I roll out with Maya to a Park or the Beach...if I don't, she lets me know...and I'm still her chew toy, which makes the walks problematic....and the back of my hands beat up like old folks' in the home...skin gets like tissue with age and tears easy...Beach is the worst...Maya leaves off with the beach wrack, the life guard tower, the fire rings, and finds me...at Irvine Park there is so much to attract her attention, that 'no problem'...one Evening, she looked to be anxious to pee or poo while in Silver, and I pulled onto a side street in the Industrial Park along Harbor...these parks were built with landscaping, and I remember at the time it seemed ostentatious...I mean, most factory districts look like heck...but now with time, all the Pines are grown, and the grass lawns well maintained, and, it's really nice!...with no traffic in the after hours, it's really quiet...and even has a kind of mood, almost forest like...Maya liked it fine, and played with the Pine Cones...and didn't need to pee or poo...but a place to keep in mind for pull overs!...Town is thriving...many improvements in progress along Harbor Blvd....have in mind to do posts taken along the way on Maya walks, but right now a bit much to walk with her on busy City Streets!...oh...here's link to bird sightings listed about Town...time for  Maya's walk...try Mile Square again, this time with the long lens!...success!...same bench, same time...see below pics...Vermilion oblidged, and not surprised, knowing how regular an  evening routine Black Phoebe had at Cottonwood Bend...too, Black Phoebe is often out front of the House each Evening, though to think of it, not so much of late...Flycatchers have set routines I gather...


No comments: