Wednesday, June 10, 2015

gear

Note: following is a post to a youtube comment section below a youtube clip titled 'why is wow dying' (wow is the video game 'world of warcraft')...I write comments up here and there, and cancel the posts most always, but on occasion one slips through my self editing!...much of this will make no sense to anyone unfamiliar with the game, and oddly, the game is the most charming when just starting out and 'much of this' unknown...:)...in real life, unlike in the game, xp can't be turned off!

yes..Draenor could have been a new leveling from 1 zone, and not just an echo of vanilla, but just like it, with the newer better art and such...mistake has been extending expansions that make previous expansions obsolete...now with boa gear one just races through everything, and in Draenor the gear is so easy to get that the quest leveling hasn't the  challenge it once had...quests pvp pve are all different but have gotten all mushed together into one mantra..gear for raiding...'what's your ilvl?'....when I first discovered pvp bgs, I was ridiculed mercilessly for not having 'looms' on...I didn't know what they were...I started playing a year or so before mop, and lament that I'll never be able to do the early expansions like they were, and that everyone who did them is nostalgic for...I like the bgs, and think to just use gear from the quests and dungeons to make like an ilvl 65 'twink' with the gems and enchants and all, but I wouldn't be able to stand against those with looms...I studied a hunter twink at this level: transmogs, the standard looms, but with enchants, the other gear gemmed and enchanted...but it was a leveling random bg, and we lost, though the hunter did very well, and I scratched my head, "dude, you're gonna lose all that if your xp is  on"...

oh..actually the hunter was in eighties I guess, and indeed is leveling, as I looked them up again for the post, and they're  now 92-- a well crafted toon!...have look, but be quick!...Buddylight

No comments: