Saturday, October 29, 2016

OTI:one poem, notes, one illustration:10/29/16

Open To Interpretation

Treasure

So, so,
I told you they wouldn't have
Time for you,
They never do,
And now you're saying
You don't have time for me.
Oh, I rest alone on this bench
Perched on the bluffs above the sea,
A crystal cove,
A treasure trove,
Of time for you and me.

DolphinWords

Notes: Progress!...I guess...I have The Black Ship Tale in the Creative Space Publishing template...it's a bunch of pages!...brb...it's about 13,350 words!...double spacing between lines, doubledouble between poems, that's 150 pages!...I think it's 12pt font...brb...yep...rather not go smaller than that...have to see if that many pages CSP will make...brb...oh...was debating title...from just Black Ship...scads of other books and things titled such...to Of Black Dragons and Black Ships, which references Burns (and maybe Steinbeck!), which is the title, and will remain, of the last two poems...but musing here I altered the Black Ship tale to The Black Ship Tale, and realized that's it!...and it has like the perfect pun!...oh...what CSP does for book lengths...brb...oh...for just black and white, it's like over 800 pages...noob that I am at this, 150 pages seems a lot!...the poems run on together just like here in the blog...I'm hoping the jumps from page to page don't make for awkward readings...sometimes when I read a poem in Poetry I miss the ending...it will be like one line on a following page...poems present layout problems!...and, and, I found how to make illustration for the cover...Nat Geo has a pic of an obsidian spear point...it is just gorgeous...and what I always pictured for the Black Ship...I'll make a painting...cover all black with the point in deep maroon red, and the title, and my authors name...ral...I thought to have a black t shirt made...words Black Ship with the point...oh...here, I made a adobe photo elements sketch...this big on back...and just the point over one's left chest!...even a black ball cap with this...and when people ask, I give them a business card, the title art again, and link to my book on amazon!...have always thought we should get paid for wearing apparel advertising something, like beer t-shirts!...anyway, I need a nap...up all night last two nights...sleep cycle destroyed...I get word silly when such!...I need to study out how to make my own cover in CSP!

No comments: