Sunday, February 14, 2021

DickensMegasaurus:OTI::notes,pics:::2/14/21

Open To Interpretation

Bleak House









wikicommons





















Notes:  hmmph...the facebook curator bot has turned back my blog links to facebook...as I have for long time, I go to the "more" menu at the top of blogger, find facebook, and link my blog post (message above comes back now...)...sometimes part of the post is redundant...like I posted the Megasaur and the Elephant direct to facebook, and here I have them again, with context and background of how/why they were made...I dont think many of my facebook friends browsing facebook, follow the link to the blog's post...the blog posts are often very long, in keeping with blogs, while facebook posts, by a kind of default community agreement, are very short, akin to twitter...ah, well, the halycon days of the web are ending...I can't complain...anyway, anyway. I was considering my last two charcoal sketches, the two street people, posted to facebook and here...and wondered if Goya was getting under my skin, that my drawings were taking on the manner of Goya's...my drawing are hit and miss, my skill level being such...in one place something will be right, in another wrong, and sometimes I'm just lucky...Goya's sketches are like that, they're not spot on, but then, they're not spot off either....so, soh, anyway, I thought to browse illustrations to Dickens...read somewhere Goya admired a British Dicken's illustrator...and I landed in google images on the odd street scene from Dicken's Bleak House...it's "arresting"...literally...the beams across the road are holding up the buildings!...curious, I found Bleak House at Gutenberg free e-book site, and began reading it...got through the preface, which is a chore, and the first chapter-another chore!...and came away with Dicken's Megalasaur...and lots of fog...somewhere in the image search, I saw the Police Officer alone with a billy club confronting a dinosaur...thought long on all this, and this morning with Micky D's Deluxe breakfast and coffee on the drive, did the Megalopolissaurius sketch...maybe facebook objects to my mentioning the meals I have, the fast food joints I go to...apparently, I'm guilty of fraud, spam, and redundancy...the platfroms are at the beginning of a JarndyceJarndyce for sure for sure..JJ cases were inheritance cases, are, that last for decades, centuries...the theme of BH...term could apply to any long running legal wrangle that bankrupts everyone with fees and such, and never reaches a resolution...I left off after reading as far as Chapter One...these old novels were originally presented in magazines as serials...and that may be the way to read them...did that watching the Mandalorian, and fell into a routine...one night I'd watch an episode, and afterwards go to youtube and read the vlogs about that episode...my store of Starwars lore has big gaps...certainly the same with Dickens...after reading BH Ch. 1, I went to the vlogs, and web blogs, and such, and read the commentaries...people make livings commenting on Dickens...maybe Starwars too...Season 3 of The Mandalorian is imperiled, its actors questionable social media posts costing them their jobs...welp, who is to say?...for now, it seems, the curator bots have sway...I dunno...tonight, I'll read Chapter 2 or so of BH, in the old timey fashion...there are, I find, web sites that provide platforms for storytellers with episodes...oh, the watercolor paper stretched with acrylic paint-glue with the paint the paper down to a canvas or board...it works, of course...I have two ready to go...and, and I've taken it a step further!...I've dispensed with the ground, the canvas or board, and just painted the back of the paper!...thought is the paint will dry stiff enough to keep the water on the other side from making the paper wrinkle...brb...the experiment should be dry by now...oh, the paint side is dry, but the other side still wet...curious...report to come!!!

:)

DavidDavid



No comments: