Friday, February 12, 2021

Note:OTI::pics,notes:::2/13/21

Open To Interpretation

Note Books















Notes:  note: to "stretch" watercolor paper (so it wont wrinkle when doing very wet into very wet), paint the surface of a canvas board, or any old canvas, and such, with acrylic white, white primer, gesso, and, and lay the soaked water color paper, like 140lb, on the canvas/board...both will dry stuck together-the paper stretched and ready to paint wet into wet...I did this with wall paper paste on insulation board a long time ago, and it works fine...tonight, I wanted to prep some watercolor papers, do the stretching, have them good and dry by tomorrow morning, and thought to go to the hardware store for the paste...nearing Starbucks, I thought, just use acrylic paint...hmmph...that never occurred to me before!...I've thought of stapling/sewing wet paper to stretched canvas...that works too, been there...but I never thought to just use paint as a binder/glue...of course, with paint the paper and ground become one, but there are advantages to that...the canvas/board is a protective shield, and itself can be mounted in a frame under glass...I dunno!...I haven't tried this paint trick yet!...Samuel Taylor Coleridge kept a notebook for decades, all to himself pretty much, then when he was about to toss it, a friend persuaded him not to...this is common thing to happen...so, soh, diverted from the hardware store, two blue berry skones and hot grande mocha...actually a 'lente"? coffee...a size bigger...will wish I hadn't discovered that!...deluxe McDonald's breakfast, coffee, in the morning-my only two outings...anyway, the grid paper 'notes' from this morning's snack time, the heart rain clouds this evening's!...tomorrowmorrow report on the watercolor effort...

:)

DavidDavid  

No comments: