Friday, February 19, 2021

Dragon:OTIO::pics,notes:::2/19/21

Open To Interpretation

Princess And Dragon















Notes:  The blog  is modeled after the Mars Explorers...a new one has just landed on Mars...back in April, 2007, I got the Canon12x camera, and, and that was my Rover...I explored very close to the Cabin (Tree In The Door) at first, the "backyard", which I compared to my home's backyard, where Maya my Dog rules now...early this morning, I revisited the old posts...it wasn't until Thanksgiving about that I posted an "icon" pic-Sentinel from Creek's End with charcoal sketch, and then until mid-January before Half Dome showed up in a pic...this in a blog about Yosemite!.,,hard to explain...lol...anyway, my "observation equipment" improved, and my mobility, and eventually I picked up and came back to Town-August, 2013, where the blog's exploring continued....from the first, that was the whole idea of going to Yosemite, of taking the art classes-to be a topographer!...topographers went about with the new water color paints in tubes, and recorded landscapes and old castles and such...the tubes gave them mobility, like the  Canon12x camera did...cell phones now are the 12x...pics, and clips, with the added feature of phone...I was showing off my pics and clips on the little lcd screen back then...back then, blogger too was started up, and not long after youtube....facebook and the rest tag along later when the phones were in everyone's hands!...this morning, I left off reminiscing in January, 2008...sometime not long after I made a didgiscope, and tried it out sitting at the Deer House (Superintendent's Cabin) and focusing on  Acorn Woodpeckers on the Woodpecker Tree across Bobcat Meadow (Cook's Meadow)...I nicknamed things in the fashion that they were nicknaming things on Mars!...then would have been my first blog posted pic of the Woodpecker Tree...the Woodpecker Tree fell over in Summer, 2013...that was that!...anyway, my "exploring equipment" is becoming sophisticated in a wild direction-making sketches and such from imagination!...some of that all along, but of late it's been the "camera' of choice...now, I was viewing a French old time fantasy illustrator, and impressed...for imaginative prompts illustrators use stories...where storytellers get their ideas something else again!...so, soh, I thought long on this, and imagined the long window, light coming into a room, and a queen or princes standing in the light reading a letter, or a book by the  window's light...the room like in a cavernous stone castle...well. the light is Vermeer's, and the girl reading letter...some Fragonard's Girl Reading Book too....that I had, and a blank for a far  wall...thought to make a large arched doorway opening onto a patio garden...oh, that's from the Black Deck Tales!...Medea with her dragons...so, Dragon in the doorway....I'm sitting in Silver. my Jeep, on the driveway with breakfast burritos from Micky D's, doing the sharpies sketch, first in pencil...and took the sketch far as it could go, without starting over...time to photograph it...one piece of gear requires another!...I was taught to photograph stuff under shade...and learned dappled shade can add to the work...so I went over under the Jacaranda, leaned the drawing board against the picnic bench, and, oh, the new yellow flowers!...lol...I cant make this up!...this pic, to me, a new favorite...

:)

DavidDavid 

No comments: