Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sandpiper Chick





Went to the Village for mail and shampoo...walked back through Cook's...the lily pads are called Indian Lily Pads...and the ponds are almost all dried up...the Upper Falls when there's a little wind are becoming just mist at the end of their drop....which means I can go sit again at Creek's End...which I did in the evening....four Young Mallards were there...and one Young Doe...pics and clips...sat awhile...then picked up walked over to Ozone beach...where I saw Four Young Mergansers...and the Sandpiper and Chick...walked out to Two Top...but didn't stay long..light fading and hungry!....Blue Jay clip in the last light...sunny hot and not so smokey blue.

The Finch looks to be Cassin Finch...pic and clip from the May Lake Trip...taken when I walked about the Meadow waiting for the Bus back to the Valley...this is one of several new birds...to me!...I saw on that trip....

No comments: