Monday, June 30, 2008

Young Merganser





Went for a short walk and the Grosbeaks were right behind the Cabin....walked to the Creek for a short stay while doing laundry....and taking naps!....lingering cold exacerbated by the smoke... and odors from the neighbors making my eyes sting...sometimes I wonder how I get through things!...in the evening went out to Two Top with a pizza....sat awhile...then over to Swinging Bridge...there's a 'slough' there too on the South Shore...took clip of Cowbird feeding...goes with the Grosbeaks...but wanted time for the Merganser...I was about at CAD Beach and saw the Young Merganser in the distance...just thought to get a pic...left tripod up on the bank...then thought to do a clip!...I dont know if the little Merganser was lost or just feeling frisky!....but it paddled right up the Merced towards..and past me...this all hand held...really neat clip...one of those remarkable things I see hereabouts!...saw lots of Brown Creepers at this Slough...and Sandpipers...most of Chapel Meadow and Two Top are Blue Grass...not much Milkweed or Parsnips...it's interesting to consider the two in contrast with Cook's..which didn't have a proscribed burn last Fall...I'll have to go look at Stoneman Meadow tomorrow...that was burned in 2003....a fine walkabout of the Big Loop...miss Hawk...didn't hear Owl...it was sunny smokey and hot...missed Tuolumne...but the Merganser clip a good replacement!...cant be in two places at once!!

No comments: